Water and Sand (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nearly 8000 aircraft flew from the U.S. to Russia, some force landing on frozen lakes and then sinking in the Spring thaw. I always wondered if there was a designated route that was followed and if the "landing" sites are very well documented.

Geo

Yep, there must be quite a number lying around there (like the Hampden below, from Russia), and I would think also in the North African deserts, like the P-40 found recently.

Attachments

• Cosf Con 2.jpg
    Cosf Con 2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 161
now this one really intrigues me....how the hell did someone ditch like this....and it doesnt look like it was pushed off of a cliff above. only thing i can think of is the land was cleared when the plane was flying and it was pushed off of the end of a runway which has since grown over....or its photoshopped

Attachments

• plane in pond.jpg
    plane in pond.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142
And this one......................
Is This unofficial GB...............

Attachments

• 23c decals on.jpg
    23c decals on.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 120
  • air009.jpg
    air009.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 150
now this one really intrigues me....how the hell did someone ditch like this....and it doesnt look like it was pushed off of a cliff above. only thing i can think of is the land was cleared when the plane was flying and it was pushed off of the end of a runway which has since grown over....or its photoshopped

That might have been a hint for this museum :)

ae573012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back