Were you ever in the Armed Forces

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

USAF Auxiliary - they have a HUGE cadet program that coincides with JROTC programs. I know 13 year olds who got involved with CAP. By the time they reached HS JROTC they were given credit for their CAP participation and were given the same JROTC rank they held in CAP. I knew one kid who was a Cadet 2nd Lt as a Freshman, by the time he was a Junior he was the HS JROTC cadet commander! Look at this site and read about the history and the programs.

http://www.cap.gov/

I was CAP cadet as a teen and I loved it. I'm still a CAP member, not that active, but I still maintain my membership.

Uhh, thanks for the suggestion Lesofprimus but boy scouts has turned into a comercial little group and im not going to wear short short pants!
Thats simply not true.... Look into it.... My brother Scott saved my little brother Glens' life by performing CPR that he learned in the Scouts... If he hadnt been a Scout my brother would be dead...

Theres nothing commercial about the Boy Scouts... The dont take sponserships (troop-wise)....

What the hell is a short short pant??? They wear shorts in the summertime, and they are of normal length... If u dont like the high socks, wait till bootcamp when they make u wear leggings.... The pants are of normal length...

And whats wrong with asking veterans or soldiers about the decorations they won? I would condsider that a high honor if i had someone to ask, "Excuse me sir, how did you get that silver star?"
Theres nothing wrong with it, except when ur in a combat enviornment, asking someone who engages in firefights everyday, about a medal they got during an engagement that cost him 2 of his buddies...

Theres a place for questions like that -38 and its called a bar.... Some people are very touchy about things they did in the military and do not like talking, rehashing or even reliving the pains of combat...

Yeah, ive just found out recently that my girlfriends father fought in the Falklands...As much as I want to know about his service I hesitate to ask...

FLYBOYJ said:
P38 Pilot said:
Uhh, thanks for the suggestion Lesofprimus but boy scouts has turned into a comercial little group and im not going to wear short short pants! :lol:

Im still going to join JROTC. And whats wrong with asking veterans or soldiers about the decorations they won? I would condsider that a high honor if i had someone to ask, "Excuse me sir, how did you get that silver star?"

Why don't you look at Civil Air Patrol?

I was in Civil Air Patrol I loved it! I was also in JROTC for a while.

Well, I'm not in the armed forces yet, but I enlisted in the DEP in the Marine Corps June 25th, I'm going to be leaving for boot camp next year on June 19th. :D

JCS said:
Well, I'm not in the armed forces yet, but I enlisted in the DEP in the Marine Corps June 25th, I'm going to be leaving for boot camp next year on June 19th. :D

:salute:

P38 Pilot said:
CAP looks cool! I think i might join! Which means i could also be in JROTC!

You could do both - I think that website might tell you where you closest local unit may be, usually there are squadrons at local General Aviation (small airplanes) airports. Check it out, you may learn how to fly!

They just sounded the best out of all them to me, after talking to the recruiter and some former Marines my mind was made up, I was thinking "Damn! I wanna be a marine!" 8)

lesofprimus said:
I was thinking "Damn! I wanna be a marine!"
I gotta give u props for being so motivated to serve for our country, but......

After the first 2 weeks at Paris Island, u'll be singing a different tune.... I hope u dont regret it in the long run....

Good luck dude...

Likewise! :salute:

After the first 2 weeks at Paris Island, u'll be singing a different tune.... I hope u dont regret it in the long run....

Its definately gonna be hard, no doubt about it. But there comes a time to give up the life of a lazy teenager and do something with your life, and for me this is it!

:lol:

My recruiter has a few good ones, the only one I can think of right off the bat is about this guy in his platoon on his birthday his mom sent him this big shoe box full of tootsie rolls. When his DI found out he made him eat the whole box, he threw up for like 2 days straight :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back