Were you ever in the Armed Forces

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My brother dropped his underware at the feet of his DI during a midnight foot locker inspection. Scooping up the underware and standing at attention in front of the DI, the DI calmly asked him to jump into the air right where he was standing. When he did, the DI started screeming, "WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO COME DOWN!" He then made my brother jog around the barricks for the rest of the night with an underware on his head reciting to himself "I AM AN ASS - HOLE, I AM AN ASS - HOLE, I AM AN ASS - HOLE......"

JCS, good luck man! Having some Marines in my family, I am sure they would say Semper Fi. When you get closer to boot camp, I am sure there will be plenty of us full of good advice for you.

Didn't that get drilled into our heads?! I fired my weapon on full auto only one time. That was at the range so I could see what it was like. Proved to me that it was wasting lead. Our small arms instructor had us do it so we could see what it was like and to see that full auto is really only good for hollywood movies.

The MP-5 was a better weapon to shoot on full auto than the M-16... The only time we used full auto was on withdrawls to clear an area...

The M4A1 however, with its forward hand grip, is better than both of em...

Attachments

• st2_m4comp_122.jpg
    st2_m4comp_122.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 338
The MP-5 is great to fire. The C8 carbine we use is basically an M4. I've fired that too on full auto, but not with the fore-grip. I'd imagine it would be a lot better for control.

Dunno about how they do things in the States, but erm, that's the general idea here.

Thing is though, after 20 seconds of 'A gun! Great! Ain't I the big badass!' a couple of things start to become apparant once the intial novelty has worn off.

They become heavy, they chafe your shoulder, they have to be cleaned, you call it a 'gun' at your peril. (It's a rifle!)

After a couple of weekend exercises I just saw them as any other tool - a 5kg lump of plastic and metal.

Antique firearms and their history are far more interesting.

Im going to take that you dont like the present day guns :| . I kinda like the m-16 because it sure did outclass the m-14! Nothing wrong with the M-14 because it was a beautiful gun but had a kickback like a mule!

The SLR is a beautiful assault rifle. My dad was on the last guard to use the SLR in RAF Finningley. A beautiful piece of kit; he was out before he had to be introduced to the SA-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back