Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent! Love the ground work, and the clearance under the wheels due to the stabilising jacks - great stuff. BTW Andy, the cammo jackets are 'smocks', in the SS 'pea' camouflage pattern.

Thanks Terry. In my younger days I did some armour modelling and, in fact, still have this 88 in a box somewhere. I knew the SS had the spotted camo jackets but had not seen the odd sleeves before.

Next up, a nice little Hanomag.

Attachments

• Hanomag.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 92
That's nice.
Andy, I see which cammo smocks you mean now. It's possible that the sleeveless ones are supposed to be zeltbahn, which was a camouflaged, poncho-like affair, to be used as a poncho, and a shelter. These could be worn as shown in the diorama, or as a regular poncho, with the belt etc holding it all in place. By joining four of these together, a small, pyramid-type tent could be made too.

Terry, thanks for the clarification as a close look shows these are not the regular tunics. Your explanation makes sense. I hadn't heard about the frock you mentioned but then my depth of knoweldge in this area is pretty limited.

They sure are Wayne. Next up is one of those German schwimming panzer thingies. Personally, I would have done away with the flag.

Attachments

• IMG_5962.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Here's a huge 60cm Mörser Karl mortar complete with rail tranporter and ghost-like figure in the background.

Attachments

• Rail Gun 1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 106
  • Rail Gun 2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread