Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2014)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Tomorrow is one of those days that I look forward to all year. The locale for the WCRMC rotates between Nanton and Edmonton, Alberta and I'll be driving up to the Aviation Museum in Edmonton (about a 3 hour trip one way) to take part in the 2014 regional show and hopefully meet up with Cory. This year I'll be bringing 5 models and, although none fall within this year's D-Day theme, all of them were featured in recent GBs:

Mosquito B.Mk. IV from "Heavy Hitters",
P-47M "Fire Ball" from "Nose Art",
Kittyhawk IV "Cleopatra III" from "Foreign Service",
Hellcat Mk II also from "Foreign Service", and
Corsair II from "Pacific Theater"

I hope to take plenty of pics of the entries and will post them here if there is sustained interest. I also invite Cory and any others who I might run into to post here as well. See you here soon.

I'll see you there Andy, really looking forward to it! I don't have a lot that's suitable, but I think I'm going to toss the following 3 in, also from Group Builds.

1/32 Spitfire VIII "Spitfire Marks"
1/32 F4U-1 "Aircraft Nose Art"
1/48 Corsair IV "Pacific Theatre II"

I entered the F4U-1 in last year's show that I attended, but it was a different show and the category system is entirely different. Andy, if you think it's poor etiquette for me to do that, let me know as I'm still new to this.

Thanks David

Cory, that's not poor form at all. The show you brought your Corsair to was a completely different show. The AMMS in September sees a lot of repeats from the earlier WCRMC so you won't be alone in doing this. Definitely bring it along and I look forward to seeing you. I should get there around 10 or so.

Thanks everyone for your interest and sorry it's taken so long to post. Yesterday was taken up with attending the show and 6 hours of driving so a hot shower was in order when I got home followed by some down time. I'm now sorting through about 200 photos which represented only a fraction of all the entries. Every year I attend this show the competition seems to get better and better so, for those who love models, the show is becoming quite a display of skill and artistry.

It was great to see Cory and his Dad, Mark, again both of whom I saw last September at the armour show in Calgary. Both entered excellent models of their Tamiya Corsairs in the 1/32 single prop OOB category and Cory also threw in his Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk VIII. The competition in this category was very strong and unfortunately both came up dry, eliminating any chance of settling a family rivalry as well through an official judgement. Both can walk away proud that they brought some excellent models though.

Guys, I have a lot of personal family stuff going on right now and will need to defer posting pics til things settle down. Thanks for your patience.

2014 has been a very challenging year so far. I won't get into details but Jo-Anne and both kids are heading to Ontario tomorrow to see my ailing father-in-law and I may join them shortly thereafter - or not. One of those sudden cancer things - second this year.

Cory, if you recall which models came in 2nd and 3rd in your category, let us know and I'll post pics. I know the Caudron was first.

I should be clear to post an update tomorrow guys as I'll be a bachelor now for a couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks everyone, I'm back. Now where were we....

I'll post here some entries in the 1/32 OOB Props and Jets category, starting with Cory's Tamiya Birdcage Corsair that was featured in the "Nose Art" GB:

1_32 OOB01.jpg

This is the entry by Cory's Dad, Mark, also a Tamiya F4U-1

1_32 OOB03.jpg

1_32 OOB04.jpg

First place in this category went to this Azur Caudron C. 714. Oh, and look! It's a '13' for Jan!

140607 1_32 OOB Gold.jpg

Between Cory's memory and my selective photography, it seems I only have pictures of one other finalist, and that is this Tamiya F-15C. I did not get any shots of an A5M which may have taken second or third:

1_32 OOB06.jpg

1_32 OOB07.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more from this category, a Trumpeter Hawk 81-A-2 (listed as OOB but probably moved up a category since it had a bazillion mods done to it) and the ever-impressive He-111 by Revell:

1_32 OOB09.jpg
1_32 OOB11.jpg
1_32 OOB12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back