Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2014)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finishing off the category, my P-47 "Fire Ball" got an "Honourable Mention".

1_48 SuperDet Single Prop 5.jpg

Cory brought his Hamilton Gray Corsair IV:

1_48 SuperDet Single Prop 3.jpg

Italeri Kittyhawk Mk I:

1_48 SuperDet Single Prop 1.jpg

I also brought my Kittyhawk Mk IV "Cleopatra III" which did not place.

Last edited:
Guys, thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's good to find others with whom I can share my affliction.

Crimea: that FAA Corsair is gorgeous. Too bad we didn't get more time to chat on Saturday. I thought the quality of the entries overall was top notch, but that one stood out. As did the FW190s that took silver and bronze.

I have lots of pics and build logs and I'll get some stuff up when I can. Thing is, I live in the back of beyond and have no hi-speed Internet where I live (no, really).

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll try to keep up guys. In the 1/48 Moderate Detail Single Prop category, Simon took the gold with his exquisite Trimaster Red 13 Dora from JV-44:

1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Gold02.jpg
1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Gold01.jpg
1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Gold03.jpg
1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Gold04.jpg

Yes George, technically, you can add aftermarket or scratch built details to just one more area than the OOB category. Here's the rule:

Rule.jpg

I recall chatting with the judges on this particular category and they were saying the competition was so fierce that they were forced to get really anal in their assessments of each entry, so the differences in the placings are really minimal and there were many winners in my book. Officially, silver went to this FW190 Pro-Modeller FW190G-2.

1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Silv02.jpg
1_48 Mod Det SingleProp Silv01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back