Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2014)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really liked those radial 190s. I think the only issue with "White 12" was that the oil cooler ring wasn't flush with the cowl. Was that not the one Roy Sutherland brought? It was good to see the Hasegawa and the Dragon (ProModeller) 190s together, especially considering how good both builds were. I love the Dragon/Trimaster kit but picked up a Hasegawa one at the swap meet right away after seeing it built up.

I assume most of you have built the Trimaster D-9. Anyone else notice that the white-metal exhausts are really messed up; as in, not handed properly? For starters...

Not sure if this was Roy's or not Simon. I've not built the Trimaster Dora though I've done a heavily modified Tamiya one as well as an Eduard one.

Anyway, an Honourable Mention in this moderate detail category went to another one of Simon's entries, a nice Dragon Ta152H (the card says it's a C but I think that's a typo - correct me if I'm wrong Simon).

1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1A.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1B.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1C.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1D.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1E.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1F.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop1G.jpg

And just to be sure, here is the Ta152C-1 by Dragon which was yet another nice entry in this tough category.

1_48 Mod Det Single Prop3A.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop3B.jpg

Yeah, it's an 'H'. I must've been overexcited, or my wife and son were talking at me while I was filling out paperwork. That wasn't my only bish.

That Ta152 was painted with Model Master RLM74 and 75 right out of the bottles - no tinting. I had a green one and wanted a change. I have one more in the stash and it'll be green/brown and that'll cover all my bases. I have the Dragon Ta152C half-built as well, just haven't decided on colors.

Andy, have you got pics of the Airfix Hurricane?

Wow,

Just catching up on this thread. Too bad I didn't see it earlier. Great work guys. Glad to have you aboard Simon. Andy thanks for posting the pics.
Some serious talent here for sure.

Glad you're enjoying the show guys.

Simon, I do have a pic of the Airfix Hurricane but it's in the OOB category which I'll get to right after I finish showing the Moderate Detailed entries.

I brought my Eduard Hellcat with no expectation that it would place and..............I was not disappointed :lol:

1_48 Mod Det Single Prop2.jpg

Nor did this rather nice Wildcat. Tamiya I think.

1_48 Mod Det Single Prop4A.jpg

Gotta admit, it's getting a bit foggy on me now as to what's what and I realize I did not record the winners in the OOB category. Maybe Simon or Cory can help me out with that. Anyhoo, here's another of Simon's that I'm pretty sure was still in the Modified 1/48 Single Prop category. This is a Hobbycraft Bf109E-4 done up as another Werner Moelders mount:

1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5A.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5B.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5C.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5D.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5E.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5F.jpg
1_48 Mod Det Single Prop5G.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back