Western Canadian Regional Model Contest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was. Tough to see in the pictures but the finish was like a mirror. Hence the gold medal in it's category.

Here's a 1/32 Ki-84.

Attachments

• 32nd Ki 84.jpg
    32nd Ki 84.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 125
...how about a 1/32 Tamiya Spifire IX in a very different scheme?
Ezer Weizman's personal mount
he used to fly it during later wars that were being fought by much more advanced types, in a sort of battlefield monitoring role if I recall, until the Israeli government told him to behave himself

Thanks for posting that Andy. The P-40E was built by Chris Morris from BC (who also built Gabby's P-47 earlier in this thread). It's the Hasegawa 1/32 kit, and was one of the ones we photographed at the booth. His cockpit interior was very nicely done. (Hope you don't mind me posting this here Andy, not trying to hijack your thread but thought the model was worthy of another shot/viewpoint).

P-40.jpg

Thanks for posting that Andy. The P-40E was built by Chris Morris from BC (who also built Gabby's P-47 earlier in this thread). It's the Hasegawa 1/32 kit, and was one of the ones we photographed at the booth. His cockpit interior was very nicely done. (Hope you don't mind me posting this here Andy, not trying to hijack your thread but thought the model was worthy of another shot/viewpoint).

Heck Mike, it's your thread! If anyone hijacked it, it was me so post away! The more the merrier.

Here's another Tamiya Spit IX:

Attachments

• 32nd Tamiya Spitfire IX.jpg
    32nd Tamiya Spitfire IX.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 91
Very Nice. Not sure about the IFF wires from the tailplanes though - I think it had changed to a dipole under the wing by that period.

Terry, you know better than I. One clue would be that this particular bird, flown by Ian Keltie of 402 Sqd RCAF in about March 1943, later became Johnnie Johnson's mount JE-J (source Eagle Cals decal sheet).

Thanks Andy. Fairly sure the dipole was in use by then, although early MkIX airframes might still have had the attachment point for the wires, in the area of the fuselage roundel. I'd need to check, but it's not important anyway!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back