Western Canadian Regional Model Contest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good to see this thread still alive and well :D

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I swear that I have seen that B-17G in just reverse livery (i.e., all aluminum with starboard outter wing panel in C olive drab). USA was making G versions in that camo??

The B-17 model is mine; it wasn't in the competition classes because I'd entered it a couple of years earlier, so it was display only. And yes, it's a 'G' in camo with various NMF panels (hence the plane's name, I guess). I posted the model in its own thread here: And here's a pic of the real thing:

2ndPatches_2.jpg

I didn't know that was yours Mike. I was drooling over that one for a while. What a nice job you did.

I didn't know that was yours Mike. I was drooling over that one for a while. What a nice job you did.

Thanks Andy. It was a long arduous build in which everything that could do went wrong ;) But, I was pretty happy with it when it was all done.

I didn't mean to insinuate anything, Migrant. Was only noting another kit that I thought had a different camo scheme from Hasegawa.

No offence taken whatsoever Matt.

Just noticed, there is no tail number or call sign letter on it. Unusual, if it's the aircraft I think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back