Westland Whirlwind (Airfix, 1/72)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Also the re-boxed kit is offered by Bilek with no.917 kit. It is quite a basic model. Are you going to add a few details more?

I really dont know, probably yes... I didnt look to mutch for details on kit, just cut away from sprue these part for photography

Roman

WOW ! Talk about bringing back memories. I built that very same kit in the early 70s. Always thought the Whirlwind was a dam hot looking aircraft. I still have it too.

I also always thought it was a great looking airplane. I have a Classic Airframes 1/48 Whrilwind in my stash. I have not even opened the parts bag.

I see I wake up many nice memories

Little of scratch build, nothing to mutch but I think cockpit now look mutch better

And just comparation to see how is this big, better to say miniaturistic

Cheers
Roman

Last edited:
Not much detail for sure. If I remember right I picked my Whirlwind up at a toy store in Brussels along with a Boulton Paul Defiant back in the early 70's, back then they were on cardboard with a blister pack over them, no box. My uncle Ian who was an RAF Wing Commander was stationed there with NATO at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread