What annoyed you today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockers are gone here, boys. Don't trust students to put their 40lbs of crap in the locker. Might hide drugs and guns don't ya know. So now that 40lbs of crap is lugged around in a backpack all **** day.

We may get there soon too... Back in my days (hell, I sound like an old bastard), we had lockers and I think students still have them today. However, in the shadow of Columbine and with the rise of street gangs... :rolleyes:

Yep.

Local city council wants to stifle the spread of graffiti. Their grand plan? Fine homeowners who do not remove graffiti in a timely fashion.

Am I missing something here?

Had to fill out a security clearance periodic review, and even though this is the 4th time in 35 years, they still want everything up to and almost including some DNA. I would be happy to provide a stool sample. On the upside, this is the last time...

A Dakota? A DC-3? Would she recognize that Marcel? And what likelihood is it that a DC-3 is in la France? A warbird?

There are plenty of warbirds flying around in Europe still. As for DC-3s there are plenty as well. There are 3 or 4 that fly around here in Germany. One is owned by Lufthansa still and you can do sight seeing flights on here.

And Marcel is from the Netherlands...

:lol:

#-o God how many times am I going to confuse the Dutch, French and Russian flags.

I figured DC-3s were still flying in Europe, but find it suprising that (1) his wife would recognize one and (2) that anything other than a warbird display/privately owned airplane is flying. Here in Seattle, there is a fleet of DC-3s that have regular cargo service to Alaska. But I always assumed that was an exception for anyplace other than a third world country. Good to here that they are still pulling service.

If its a little runny (not sure if you were inspired by may Jambalaya comment) put a pared potato in it and let is simmer. The potato will absorb some of the heat. An old cook's trick.

I need to change the oil in my pressure washer.

No it was not that runny. No my Creol recipe is one that I have had for years no. My wife had it for the first time last week though and asked if I could make it again last night. I think I put to much cayanne pepper in it this time.

#-o God how many times am I going to confuse the Dutch, French and Russian flags.

I figured DC-3s were still flying in Europe, but find it suprising that (1) his wife would recognize one and (2) that anything other than a warbird display/privately owned airplane is flying. Here in Seattle, there is a fleet of DC-3s that have regular cargo service to Alaska. But I always assumed that was an exception for anyplace other than a third world country. Good to here that they are still pulling service.

No problem, happens all te time. But je ne parles pas eh French.

My wife has a father interested in warbirds, then she married me, so I guess she could not avoid learning something about them :) She is a very keen observer, she described it as a 2 engined plane, with propellers, quite big with the wing very much forward. Then I showed her a picture of a C47 and she immediately recognized it. That's why I know she saw a dakota :)
I know that there is a Dakota, sometimes flying from Rotterdam. I guess it was that bird. She's used for tours over the country. Another possibility is that it was associated to the Dutch Dakota association. I didn't see her, so I don't know the markings.

Thanks Marcel. Her using the term "Dakota" versus DC-3 was what intrigued me. Now I understand. Your term. Not hers.

I have to go into the office again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back