What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had the same last Friday too - the guy deliberately sped up to scare me, so I deliberately kept walking. He missed me by about 5 cm. I was so close I gave him the finger right at his window.

Funny- the weather's nice but I can't open the windows because there's a city Work crew right under the window taking all day to paint two cross walks, well I guess that's what will be doing after standing around for the last four hours and yelling at each other. Can't enjoy the warm weather and open the windows and air out the place due to the diesel fumes though.
Gotta Love DC...
Be careful guys..I saw a lady killed on this very crosswalk by a truck not going that fast last fall, it's a sight and sound you never want to hear.
Art in DC

I have been "voluntold" to transfer to a new field site in southern Pennsylvania. Have never lived so far north and not sure how receptive
those folks are to people of the Texas persuasion....

This isn't what annoyed me today, but it certainly did on thursday when it happened.

Someone has smashed the back of my car up. I had it parked up in the town centre for a couple of hours during the night and I come back to it to see the it's @ss hanging out - it's been hit by a car and the person who did it decided to drive away.

Luckily I know people and I'm getting it down 'cheaply' by a professional Peugeot bodywork company. I'm getting all the parts at trade price and labour at £20 per hour (which as the British will know, is very cheap). It's still costing me £360!

At the moment I'm driving a car that's stuck together with tape ! Thankfully they ordered the parts on friday when I took it in for an assessment (day after the incident, good to know people) so it will be going in for repair next week.

Recovering at home today from yesterdays hospital adventure uder orders not to get excited and wife wife calls and tells me I've been replaced by somene else in my job for less money after I spent the first part of the year catching the place up. Getting off before I get worked up again.
Sadly not a April fools joke (Friggin right to work state!)
Art in DC (Soon to be Art Homeless in DC)

Ooof. Homeless in DC is NOT a good thing. Its hard enough being well employed and living in the District. Good luck Cota.

Petrol went up again and to top it off we are back on load shedding again off the power, but they still give power to the f*cking countries around us.

I have to rent a tuxedo for Grad, so I go at 10:30 to rent it, but the place doesn't open until noon. Who opens at noon on a Wednesday?

Catch: Maybe this is one-up-manship on "banker's hours". I'll loan you
one of mine ( I have two) if you can fit into a 32/28 trousers and a 36R
coat.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back