What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's not paranoia when they are actually out to get you. I finally left corporate business and became an independent consultant. Had done that before and joined corporate business because of the uncertainty, no vacation, expensive benefits etc of being a consultant. Only to find its worse as a corporate worker bee. Rose to VP at 3 different organizations only to be pushed aside or out by owners relatives, or someones relative or college buddy. Plus finding that most of the time half the people that work for you are gunning for your job or to get you canned so as not to expose their issues. Don't mind someone gunning for my job but when they create issues where there are none, or play dirty that's not cool.

I find it interesting how people think that "carbon credits" or "climate change" taxes will suddenly solve a debatable issue.

As if the planet has a magic cash drawer located somewhere and accepts all denominations of currency...

It's like California's tobacco tax, which is "supposed" to go to tobbacco education amd awareness and to offset the cost of the "millions of people" burdening the state's healthcare system. Reality is, less than one half of one percent actually goes to any of the promised programs - the bulk goes into the general fund for building projects, senior employee vehicle aquisitions and such. Then, if that's not bad enough, due to declining tobbacco tax revenues, they had to increase the tax because of "emergency" budget shortfalls.

So while climate change tax programs may not solve the world's problems, it is a fantastic source of revenue...

Even if the money was actually earmarked to go to a specific program or fund, most of those get raided as desired by the politoco's any way. But I agree with you have no idea how we are going to buy a better environment. Most of the fines levied against polluters are just paid as a cost of doing business. Cheaper to pay the fine than to comply in most cases. Sigh, the solution whatever it is, is way above my pay grade. I can't even tell the difference between science fiction and science fact half the time anymore.

Guys we're getting to close to politics, which is forbidden on this forum. And rightfully so as I have my belly full of Americans discussing their politics on Facebook.
That last one is my annoyance for this day, especially since some of my friends bring the quarrel to me, saying I'm a democrat of some sort while I'm not an American but a European and thus not an American democrat.

Okay here is my annoyance of the day/week/month. I use the ride sharing application called Uber and sometime the one called Lyft. Both use Google Maps which is usually pretty good. However, starting a few months ago if I call for a ride, the car comes directly to my address no problems, however the return trip ALWAYS tries to drop us off on the wrong street, 2 blocks from the exact same address that worked fine to pick me up!?!?!?

Guys we're getting to close to politics, which is forbidden on this forum. And rightfully so as I have my belly full of Americans discussing their politics on Facebook.
That last one is my annoyance for this day, especially since some of my friends bring the quarrel to me, saying I'm a democrat of some sort while I'm not an American but a European and thus not an American democrat.

Unfollowing them is a great option.

My FB feed is pretty clean of the political BS of the brainwashed fools. I'm so sick of the conservative vs liberal BS that the sheep in my country continue to spew in their effort to divide.

Yes you are correct though, must stay away from politics, so I will end my rant...;)

I enjoy having one place where I don't have to hear and read the BS.

Last edited:
Two things started to raise my blood pressure last night, which in light of my Christmas vacation in the hospital was not a good thing.

The first was that I started watching the multi part expose by former Scientology member Leia Remeni on A&E on said cult.

The second was my continued inability to rationalize why some, now former, members of our work union crossed the picket line and worked while we struck to protect their work rights.

I guess I have a hard time understand someone's viewpoint when I believe at my core that they are fundamentally wrong. Should any "religion" control every aspect of your existence to the point where one believes that theirs is the only truth? Or in the case of my job, you were hired into a union shop, with the attractive benefits that made you want the job in the first place, gotten for you by union negotiations in the second and you repay that fidelity by working while your former brothers are on strike, literally taking the food out of their kids mouths while you work to extend the period they are out of work for? I am sorry, I will never understand it.

Last edited:
Vick, Raising your blood pressure over things beyond your control is not good for your health. I try to lower mine by asking one question. "What will it matter when I'm dead and gone?" I also think of the phrase "And this too shall pass". Forgive those who cross the picket line especially since you will likely have to continue working with them when the strike ends. If I were a Pastor I could probably give a whole sermon on that but this is not the time or place and I'm no preacher.

Last edited:
My internet was finally fixed today. I have been in a strange nether-world of phone call "customer service" since the end of October. A company known as Frontier Communications had managed to eff-up a simple matter of a move/ transfer service from one house to another. I have been on a cumulative "hold" on the phone for a little over 12 hours during the fight to get service transferred. During this two month wait, they sent me a bill for the two months.
I was not amused.

So internet is finally here. (yay!)
I called to complain that the bill is for a service that I had not been receiving, due to their internal communication problems. (I have literally heard "I am so sorry to hear you have had problems", around 100 times now). They apologized as they always do, and assured me that the issue was corrected and asked if I would like to talk with a supervisor that had been "monitoring" the situation.
Sure...W.T.F. Now of all times, when it has finally been fixed.
This a-hole wanted to go over the dozens of calls I had made and critique the "service" I had encountered.
Now, I was exasperated at times, but I always remembered my own retail experences and remained correct with the reps I talked with; I am fully aware that they do not make policy, nor do they have any say in the company processes. I always made sure that they knew that I knew,,, if you get my drift.
This snotty little puke claimed that I had threatened to cancel service if I wasn't hooked up in one day.
Rubbish.
In any case. what would that have to do with a two month delay?
I mentioned the bill, he admitted that "That might make us start to look bad".
I blew. I informed him that they were far beyond "looking bad", and I speculated on the possible illegitimate origins of his spawning, not to mention his own preferences in the animal world.

I may not have internet tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back