What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I hear you. I have some automatic billing arrangements, because I have to - Medicare supplements mainly. No problem. But one thing that annoys me EVERY day are auto billing agreements like yours for things like magazine subscriptions. (I'm an old guy. I like reading things constructed of paper, like magazines, newspapers, books, etc. History, cooking, fishing, cars, motorcycles, travel, pretty girls, what have you. ) I do partake in online or streaming stuff too, like here. But every time I've ever done auto-billing for a paper magazine subscription, I've found it next to impossible to cancel when I decide I don't want it anymore. It gets renewed and hits my credit card, despite my multiple cancellation snail mails, emails, whatever. It's not important money, but it's a PITA.

I am still a paper check guy, where I can be. Yep, old-fashioned, curmudgeonly, but writing that check to mail with that little stamp ensures that I control who I pay.

Got on the crew bus last night at 1945 and when we got to the Ready Line, my grader wasn't there. Thinking dispatch made a mistake we went to the shop but no grader in the up or down lines....not a good sign. Called dispatch and asked where it was and another voice got on the radio and said it was in the wash bay....not a good sign. Dispatch told me to stay on the bus. At 0100, Running Repairs(RR) asked me to move Truck 08 from Phase 7 to the shop and we'll do a few test runs. While I was waiting for him I saw my grader being backed into the shop....not a good sign. RR then informed me he had another call and took me back to the bus. At 0615 I started to pick up the drivers at the end of the shift. 12 hours of sitting on school bus type seats staring at the back of the seat in front of me

I've had nights like that...on 7 different aircraft, within the first hour of the shift, before we got one we could actually work on.

Really frustrated when I left work this morning. We were having to replace a valve in the pressurization system. Working on installing it, and I had to tap out to run over to medical to do a verification on a test that came out weird two weeks ago. Got back and the guys that took over, managed to hang the valve out of orientation, despite a number of discussions on the subject and many assurances that they understood it all. Two hours wasted, we didn't have the valve back out at the end of shift and upper management highly freaked out and lashing out. Feel sorry for our supervisor, as he was getting chewed on pretty bad when I left. Oh, and when we install the valve, it's almost completely done by feel, as we are working on a flying aircraft, not a section of the fuselage like the factory guys that install it initially. They can actually see it and reach it at the same time.

Working as an A&P on aircraft is a lot like the military. A whole lot of hurry up and wait, and a whole lot of boredom followed a short burst of excitement.
LOL...sorta.... I work for a DoD supplier and deal with DCMA inspection people fairly often. In the case of the 7 bird night, paperwork generation and parts availability hit us on several, no one on the shift certified to handle the problem system on one jet and no defuel capability on the last one. All our defuel hoses and tankers had been impounded for contamination problem the day before.

As do I…

Fuel prices in California are absurd.

Here in Redding, the neighborhood gas station has regular (87) for $6.79/gal, premium (91) for $7.09/gal and diesel for $7.39/gal.

It's higher out along the Interstate and about $2 or more higher per gallon in the metro areas of the state.

Users who are viewing this thread