What Are You Driving ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just bought this

240620101583.jpg

240620101587.jpg

I sold my Falcon to a Steve Irwin tribute act (no, really) I needed something else asap. This was up for sale at a good price and cheap so went to look today. Although the paintwork is a bit tired the body is solid and the interior is in excellent condition. It was owned since 1982 by an old boy who only sold it 3 months ago. I know this as he kept a service book were he meticulously recorded every little thing he did for the next 26 years. Only 140,000km (86,000 miles) on the clock, even has the toolbox he made in the boot and the original change of owner slip dated 07 June 1982. As for the car, well check out the spec list:

Radio
Intermittent Wipers
Rear seat belts
Locking fuel cap
Clock
Foot rest
Door pockets
Twin door mirrors

Yes that's right, it has none of these features. It's the 2 litre pinto which despite being an auto actually goes pretty well for what it is. Auto choke doesn't appear to work though despite following the procedure in the handbook. Other than that, it's awesomely miserable, although I won't have it for too long as I'll be off touring the South Island in about 6 weeks so will need a van of some sorts

Taken today driving out near the fields, after washing her. Of course 30 minutes after washing the bugs off of the front grill, there were a million of them plastered to it again! :lol:

jeep2.jpg

Some lovely rides out there.....my grown up car is a Citroen Picasso (I can hear you yawning!!!) and the fun car is the Messerschmitt KR200.....

Attachments

• sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
Rocket that green machine rocks !!

since one of my jobs is in the tree industry I drive a 1ton flat bed 71 Chevy Red/Black.............no pics necessary.

actually drive this machine more

Attachments

• Greensprings 09 032.jpg
    Greensprings 09 032.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 145
Dude, that's fricken awesome!

Where did you get that at???

There are two places locally where this truck is available. One is Cold War Remarketing in Littleton, CO., and the other is Linden Engineering in Golden, CO.. Actually there are a few places around the country that sell these. There is also a six wheel version called a 712M. I think there are several of these vehicles in Denver. Look at rmpinzgauer.org or coldwarremarketing.com for other goodies. As I recall, a couple guys drive armored cars called Ferrets if I remember right. :)

Nice! Had a couple of those back in the mid 1990's, along with Ferrets, Abbots, FV432s, Chieftains and a couple of Land Rovers.( It was part of a business venture btw, not my own collection!) great liitle truck the Pinzgauer, brilliant off-road.

Know what Im driving now??? Take a guess....

No, not a new Beemer....

No, not a new Maserati, nor even a Ford....

I'm driving NOTHING!!! Jeep blew her water pump and transmission line to the radiator... No $$$ to get her fixed, cant do it myself, tried gettin an auto loan and felt someone tickling the inner sanctums of my anal area, so hadda run outta there before gettin stuck for $330.00 a month for a used Chrysler 300 Touring...

So....... Anyone closeby got a car for sale???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back