What Are You Driving ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've posted pictures of my Jeep before, just not on this thread. It is a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 5.2 liter V8. Full time four wheel drive. I've put a MSD ignition, K&N filter, and a Magna-Flow exhaust system on it. My best back and forth to work mileage is 19.8 miles to the gallon. Long trip mileage is 26.4. It has 228000 miles on it and has not been rebuilt in any way. I do try to take care of it. Oh, and I'm with Adler on Jeeps, if you can't get to it in a this vehicle, you need to either get out and walk or turn around and go home.:lol:

IMG_7072 resized 20.jpg

How fast do you drive on the autobahn?

Depends on what I am driving. My Jeep, I go no faster than 140 km/h (87 mph). I normally drive between 120 km/h (75 mph) and 140 km/h (87 mph). The Jeep is not really made for speed though.

The fastest I have ever driven on the Autobahn was in a Mercedes SLK and I reached 200km/h (124 mph). If you think that is fast however, I was being passed by other cars...

I've posted pictures of my Jeep before, just not on this thread. It is a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 5.2 liter V8. Full time four wheel drive. I've put a MSD ignition, K&N filter, and a Magna-Flow exhaust system on it. My best back and forth to work mileage is 19.8 miles to the gallon. Long trip mileage is 26.4. It has 228000 miles on it and has not been rebuilt in any way. I do try to take care of it. Oh, and I'm with Adler on Jeeps, if you can't get to it in a this vehicle, you need to either get out and walk or turn around and go home.:lol:

View attachment 118477

Very nice Jeep my friend! I owned a 95 Grand Cherokee with a 5.2 V8, just before I got the 2005.

Last edited:
Depends on what I am driving. My Jeep, I go no faster than 140 km/h (87 mph). I normally drive between 120 km/h (75 mph) and 140 km/h (87 mph). The Jeep is not really made for speed though.

The fastest I have ever driven on the Autobahn was in a Mercedes SLK and I reached 200km/h (124 mph). If you think that is fast however, I was being passed by other cars...

Very nice Jeep my friend! I owned a 95 Grand Cherokee with a 5.2 V8, just before I got the 2005.

Oh my god....

The fastest with my dad driving was 90mph and I thought that was good but DAM.

Thank you Adler. When I bought it I was not sure I would like it but I love it. It's quicker than a 5.9 liter. I had a guy pull into a gas station one afternoon in a Toyota Hybrid SUV and tell me that I was probably hating it, meaning the gas mileage. When I told him what I was getting he said he only got 22 mpg. I laughed before I could stop myself and had to apologize.:lol: He turned beat red, got in his vehicle and left. :dontknow:

Oh my god....

The fastest with my dad driving was 90mph and I thought that was good but DAM.

Most people do not drive that fast on the Autobahn either. The average driver is only doing between 140km/h and 150km/h.

Thank you Adler. When I bought it I was not sure I would like it but I love it. It's quicker than a 5.9 liter. I had a guy pull into a gas station one afternoon in a Toyota Hybrid SUV and tell me that I was probably hating it, meaning the gas mileage. When I told him what I was getting he said he only got 22 mpg. I laughed before I could stop myself and had to apologize.:lol: He turned beat red, got in his vehicle and left. :dontknow:

He should not be driving a Toyato SUV. The only SUVs out there that are worth a damn in my opinion are made by Jeep. That is all I ever own.

Now granted I would not go off road with my new Jeep. It is more of the family vehicle, but she is trail rated and will go anywhere. Just would not want to mess it up. Now as soon as I get my CJ7 then I will be ready for some real off road driving.

Last edited:
Most people do not drive that fast on the Autobahn either. The average driver is only doing between 140km/h and 150km/h.

He should not be driving a Toyato SUV. The only SUVs out there that are worth a damn in my opinion are made by Jeep. That is all I ever own.

Now granted I would not go off road with my new Jeep. It is more of the family vehicle, but she is trail rated and will go anywhere. Just would not want to mess it up. Now as soon as I get my CJ7 then I will be ready for some real off road driving.

We used to have 3 cars......

and one was a 1991 jeep Cherokee that was my grandpa's. We hardly used it and just recently gave it to my cousin.

What about the Ford Explorer? Not that we have one I just see em everywhere

We used to have 3 cars......

and one was a 1991 jeep Cherokee that was my grandpa's. We hardly used it and just recently gave it to my cousin.

What about the Ford Explorer? Not that we have one I just see em everywhere
I bet you gotta Schwinn there harrison

I don't take mine off roading either. What you see in the photo is as brutal as it gets because it's all I have to drive at the moment. I've not ever been much for tearing things up for the H#!! of it seeing as I've always had to pay to get it fixed.:)

Back in the day, I had several,( one after the other) Porsche 928s before the four valve engine came out. I had them a couple of times at top end, 145-46 mph. The telephone poles are going by plenty fast. This was on two lane roads in Texas and New Mexico. Also had a Toyota Turbo Supra which had about the same top end. The Infiniti G35 should be a little faster but I think it is electronically limited but I don't plan to find out. About the same time I had a part interest in a Cessna 172 with the 180 Lycoming and I doubt it was any faster than the Porsches or Toyota.

Picked up my first car earlier this morning having brought it 2 days ago ( 1983 toyota Carona)
Looks abit like a crushed modern day land rover imo

shall be my 'bomb' for the next 6-12 months

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 149
here is my little beast for now LOL, stupid P-plater rules restric us from having anything over 200kw and a turbo or supercharger is a big no no except on diesels. Nothing done too it yet except for the personal plates but soon replacing the speakers and head unit because the speakers are all most blown he he, hopefully being able to get new exhaust soon to give it a little more rumble

Attachments

• P1100053 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1100053 [1600x1200].JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 122
  • P1100064 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1100064 [1600x1200].JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 117
Pretty cool for your 1st car Scott, I got a straight 6 in my falcon :lol:. Besides what the transport department doesn't know, won't hurt them lol. I have some stories when it comes to enforcing the p plate rules lol.

Good car for your !st one Daniel, Something cheap and easy to work on. Besides you can always use this as a good stepping stone towards your next car.

This and this.

Need to touch up my bumper on the dark car, nudged the letter box the other day :evil::evil::evil:

Attachments

• VSexample..jpg
    VSexample..jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 124
  • GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back