What Are You Listening To???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Charlie Daniels

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7nGWPvnKw

We tell our kids to just say no
then some panty waist judge lets a drug dealer go
slaps him on the wrist and then he turns him back out on the town.
Now if i had my way with people sellin' dope
i'd take a big tall tree and a short piece of rope
i'd hang 'em up high and let 'em swing 'til the sun goes down

Mr Daniels is beginning to be growing in me a bit B17 :D over here 'country' is roughly considered lower than Europop by say 80% of under the 40's, and I'm not from that other 20%.

Fighter Nut, that All Cappalla 'Du Hast' is pretty Fething cool, doubt I could listen to it as much as the original, then again it's perhaps easier too do so for extended periods - cool harmonies within it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3ee3ay2CM

Last edited:
I posted this at FB, but I thought it worth mentioning here, too...

Now that I am a little bit more mobile, I've been going through some things that have been sitting since the wreck. One of them was my iPod, retrieved from the console of my Scion.

It's batteries had lost thier charge, so I plugged it in to the PC to both charge it and also check and see how well it made it through the collision.

Of course, the batteries were stone dead, so it started charging and I left it sitting there while I checked on a few websites, etc.

After about 5 minutes, I heard a song start playing (my PC is connected to the stereo here in the back room) and I looked at the iPod and much to my surprise, it was continuing the song that had been playing at the moment of impact.

Somehow, it had become paused during the wreck...not sure if the pause command came from the steering wheel controls or the violent impact somehow made it pause...but pause it did, two minutes into an eleven minute song. Once the iPod had enough of a charge to start functioning again, it resumed playing.

I had forgotten what song was playing at the time and listening to it took me back to that evening...both before and afterward the wreck.

Anyway, thought I'd share that.

By the way, the song was "In The Same Deep Water" from the album Trance Spirits released back in 2002. It was a collaboration of Steve Roach, Jeffrey Fayman, Robert Fripp and Momodau Kah

Last edited:
Music plays a huge part in our sub-conscious and a tune long forgotten, when heard for the first time in years can trigger off all kinds of unexpected emotions. It's a powerful thing. I listen to music as often as I can; it is a great stabiliser and reliever of stress. I hope you're doing okay, Dave.

I agree...music is a huge part of my life and sometimes it certainly does trigger memories or emotions from the past.

The odd thing about this particular song, is that I "discovered" it about the time my Dad passed away back in February 2012 and it just so happens that it was playing at the moment I got into the wreck.

Anyway, I am doing much better, thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back