What Are You Listening To???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It all depends. Could be James keelaghan and his song the fires of Calais. Then again Pat Metheney.

got into an interesting conversation with a neighbor(who's barely 20) about Heavy Metal...he's under the impression that Metal didn't exist before bands like Lamb of God, Avenge Sevenfold and Mastodon...

I said "boy, there was metal before your parents were born" and I proceeded to educate him in proper metal.

Thinking back on the earlier conversation, I got a little nostalgic, so now I'm listening to the grand Patriarchs:
Cream
Iron Butterfly
Deep Purple
and the list goes on! :thumbleft:

got into an interesting conversation with a neighbor(who's barely 20) about Heavy Metal...he's under the impression that Metal didn't exist before bands like Lamb of God, Avenge Sevenfold and Mastodon...

I said "boy, there was metal before your parents were born" and I proceeded to educate him in proper metal.

Thinking back on the earlier conversation, I got a little nostalgic, so now I'm listening to the grand Patriarchs:
Cream
Iron Butterfly
Deep Purple
and the list goes on! :thumbleft:

My brother's step daughter and I were discussing music and after a comment I had made she asked "You mean Robert Plant was in a band before The Honeydrippers?"

It was at that point I officially became an old fart.

My brother's step daughter and I were discussing music and after a comment I had made she asked "You mean Robert Plant was in a band before The Honeydrippers?"

It was at that point I officially became an old fart.
I've already accepted the fact that being a fossil is what happens when you survive the stupid sh!t of your youth...

Right now, listening to the frogs down in the creek...here we are in the dead of winter and those rascals are already at it (about a month early)

Don't dare to listen to anything, in case of running the risk of getting labeled as an 'old fart'!

F*ck it....on with some Marc Bolan and the gang....to be followed by some more early, mid 70's stuff!
Milk and alcohol anyone?

Hey Jan, I just found 2 bands that you may enjoy. Check Youtube for videos. I love their sound...

Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside

Lake Street Dive

I think you will like both. Lake Street Dive have an awesome singer!

Hey Jan, I just found 2 bands that you may enjoy. Check Youtube for videos. I love their sound...

Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside

Lake Street Dive

I think you will like both. Lake Street Dive have an awesome singer!

Cheers mate! Will check them out....
As for now, Tennesee Ernie Ford.....16 Tons..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back