What cheered you up today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy I am relieved in more ways then one, Am i pleased yes I am ****ing estatic. Not so worried about work as it was effecting my work. But glad I got all clear for upcoming trip to Philippines and Singapore

Excellent news, Emac - has to be a load off your mind. You can put it behind you and enoy your trip!

I am happy my little firends didn't abandon me when I cut back their rations by 50%!!! The fence keeps the boar and coyotes off my porch...

Attachments

• little friends.JPG
    little friends.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 77
My Dad apparently did not have a stroke after all. The neurologist said he has something called white mask(?), similar to Bell's palsey only it comes on quickly and just as quickly will disappear. It's evidently harmless, just very disconcerting. Oh, all the wonderful things advancing age has for us to which we may unhappily look forward...

That is great news 2 eagles. Glad your dad is fine glad to hear it. Liked the Photo of the deers mate. and thanks load of mind already but it wasn't all going through the mind at the time hahaha. but I had a ration cut back too at one stage. Now back to eating normal again. god I missed my steak and vegies now back to eating what i like not because i had to hahaha

My 'resident' barn swallow pair has arrived back from their South American winter holiday. They are actually 6 days later than last year, but have already set up housekeeping on the porch floodlight where they have double clutched and fledged 26 chicks in the last 3 years.

It is Super Saturday in the 6 Nations tomorrow. The final 3 games all in a row...

Rugby League (NFL) has kicked off for another year Gnomey as from last night. Friday was a double header and the rest of weekend has matches being played. which means State of Origin series is not far away either. So I am pleased about that

there's a scheme run over here where people in year 12 (like me and CC) who are interested in going into engineering can apply for a Headstart course, they run about 30, one week long courses at different universities around the country, you do a week in the life of a student in that university so you get a feel for what university life's like, i wanted to go to the Aerospace engineering course in Liverpool which i didn't get but i did get one of about 30 places on the Electrical Engineering course at Warwick University, one of the top 10 in the country which should be quite exciting! it's the week after my work experience with Westland Helicopters so it's gonna be one hell of a summer!

Had a great time last night for St. Patricks Day. We went to Nurnberg and went to this great Irish Pub owned and run by some Irish people that moved here from Ireland. The Guiness and Kilkenny was great, the food was great and the live music was excellent. They even had some cute Irish Girls along with some guys dressed up in traditional irish garb and doing traditional irish dancing. It was a load of fun and my wife enjoyed it as well.

For Mothers Day....I got the 'Pilot's and Flight Engineer's Notes' for The Lancaster. FAB!!!!!
I also got Nouvelle Vague's New album and chocs.... nice gifts uh!.

Glad you had a good St Pats day folks and Lancs :( you didnt get Liverpool. But Warwick is a nice place hun and Im sure the Electrical Engineering course there is good too... wow what a great experience that will be and the Westland helicopters woohoo!! you lucky begger (but lovely with it lol).
Hugs to all Cripps

2 Eagles it looks like a great view from your yard, yep put up the fence or kiss the plants bye bye

just got off the phone with another 361fs P-51 pilot who is sending me a dumpload of stuff via the mail...........

a very short story by telling me he was almost the first man in space. In 1945 not sure the date he was heading over Germany with his flight around 7am when just in front of him a V-2 swooshed vertically almost in his face. Catching his breath he and 3 others zoomed down and strafed the buildings and field. He said had he been there 5 seconds earlier he would of been upwards on that nose cone and with a kill mark for the German Luftw. ground crew

E ~

Chimaira, Lamb of God, As I lay Dying, Good Charlote (not really a fan but I think the show could be good), Type O Negative, Machine Head, Blood Simple, Papa Roach, and Killswitch Engage all signing on to Rock im Park 2007 this year.

That brings the bands so far that I really want to see at Rock Im Park this year to:

Megadeth
As I lay Dying
Velvet Revolver
Linkin Park
Type O Negative
Lamb of God
Machine Head
Chimaira
Killswitch Engage
Papa Roach
Good Charlotte
Billy Talent