What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After many years of saving money, spending it on something else, saving some more I have finally got enough cash to send an M1 Garand parts kit and Receiver to a gunsmith that specializes in rebuilding M1 Garands. She, yes she, is going to re-Parkerize all the metal, put them all back together and fit it into a new fancy Walnut stock. Hopefully have it back in my grubby hands in a month or so.

Next is to save more money for the parts for a M1 Garand receiver dated to 1943, try to put mostly period correct parts, but will put on a new stock and barrel, those are getting harder and harder to find and very costly.

Had a good talk with my boss after last year's mess. My role in the team will change and I will have all kinds of new opportunities. The only downside of this is that I won't be going to Boston this year and so won't be able to visit any American friends like I did the last 4 years.

Buys 468.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back