What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just got off the phone a little bit ago after having some fun :evil4:

I recieved a call from the "Windows Security Center", my assistant's name was Mike (with a VERY heavy Indian accent). He went through the prepared speech about how my computer was compromised and we needed to address the problem quickly.

I said "oh no!! It's a new machine, what do we do??" and this is where the fun began :lol:

He said he needed to make sure his files were current and that I needed to tell him what computer I had. With a straight face, I informed him that my computer was an "Amiga ID410T" and that it was running "Windex Ultra" for security. At this point, I thought for sure he's catch on, but no...we continued!

The next question was what version of Windows. I took the chance: "My Windows version is Snowball" to which he replied, "I don't seem to have this version in my system" and I informed him this was really new and expensive...really powerful and came in a set of 12 discs. He sounded impressed at this amazing Microsoft technology and was about to go to the next step of his telemarketing crap when the other line clicked. Since I was waiting for a call from my attorney, I told the guy I had to go, but thanks for the fun and answered the other line.

Long story short, I was about dying while answering his questions and I woner how long it'll take for them to figure out I was BS'ing them!! :evil4:

Love it Dave.
Matt, well done to Aaron from me.
Marcel, if nothing else, 'Piece of Cake' is worth seeing for the aircraft, especially 'The Master' (Ray Hannah) flying under the bridge. And heck, it doesn't seem like 26 years since it was filmed !

Today I answerd my home phone. And I introduced myself with the military voice... Obergefreiter Kugel Sprengkommando Hohes Wasser..
And I have heard "click" . This is always works if an idiot with advert or another sh!t calls. And I always have fun. :lol:

Nice one, Wurger!!

I'm sure the telemarketer had no idea I was messing with him, but any long-time computer techie would recognize the Amiga name. Of course, ID140T, spelled out in the conversation, is pretty obvious and the icing on the cake is that Windows Snowball was the development name for Windows 3 for workgroups (hence the reference to the discs, I just didn't say the discs were 3.5 floppies!!) :evil4:

I'm still having two AMIGA 500+ at home. I have to keep in my mind your way for the next time a such call can happen to me. :lol:

I'm still having two AMIGA 500+ at home. I have to keep in my mind your way for the next time a such call can happen to me. :lol:
If a person has the time and patience, they can actually have alot of fun with those telemarketers! :evil4:

As it happens, I have an old Amiga 1000 stored away in the closet, here :)

My university son got an 82% on midterm after suffering an illness and emergency appendectomy. Yet the avg was a 67% in the class. Apparently nobody finished and the curve put him in a low A grade. Not bad for him unable to study nor attend class for four days prior to exam. Good on you buddy!!!

Well pleased to hear that Matt.
The lad deserves a monster bacon feed up as a reward :)

I bought a really ugly 2nd hand chest of drawers covered in horrible thick white paint for £5. When I got it home I broke it up for the timber (lovely straight grain pine under the paint) and found a £5 note and £7.50 in loose change. I shall invest my windfall in beer tonight, I am stripping the paint off with a heat gun and it will help get the paint fumes out of my lungs :D

I read somewhere on the internet a funny conversation on facebook so I decided to try it myself.
I get calls on my cellphone of people who think I am a mechanic (which I am not) so I decided to have a little fun:twisted:
A woman calls me up and says she has some issues with her car so I say what seems to be the issue she says her engine sounds off so I say what does it sound like? she says the sound so I say well maybe it is the flux capacitor. she says what I repeat. She says what is that? I say that it controls your engine (I also say a bunch of other stuff that made no sense but she didn't know that) she says well can she get it looked at? I say I'm closed and give her a name of a a random auto shop and my name (not my actual name though) and to tell them that I sent her. She thanks me and leaves. I had a hard time trying not to laugh! :) That made my day but I will have to get a new phone number if the calling still persists.

Ummmm.... I'm very likely to have my 3 at Uni at the same time. Different years of course.

Hey ho... its a great opportunity for the yoof.

Know that feeling Matt - daughter No.1 leaves 'Uni', and daughter No.2 starts 'Uni'. Good job they're six years apart!
And apologies for the error !

No worries. Didn't want you wondering how Aaron went from young model maker to college bound intellectual genius overnight.

I have the house to myself today!

I was able to remember my log in information for this site today and was able to post some pictures of my work.

Also, excited to see my team the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Patriots today. My brother in-law is a huge Pats fan and doesn't let me forget it. GO STEELERS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back