What Cheered You Up Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For tonight's FA cup match between third tier Wigan and Premier League "biggest club in the world" Manchester United, the Wigan goal keeper is called Mr Tickle, Sounds like Wigan have it in the bag.
1704744587579.png

One of the things I didn't like about the new to us 2005 Dodge Magnum was the original Gauge faces being whitish, didn't like the look during the day, hated it at night. So after a bit of searching online I found a company that would make custom gauge faces. I managed to install them today, much better, but I am going to have to take the dash back apart at some point to spray the part of the gauge coves semi gloss black.
The 1st picture is of the gauges with the stock face plates, and the second is with the custom face plates.
Magnum original gage faces.jpg

Magnum Gage faces.jpg
Magnum Original speedo face.jpg

I changed the oil in my airplane for the first time since I installed the new exhaust pipes - and it was a nightmare. The new pipes prevent you from getting a suitable container under the drain plug and even if you do manage to squeeze one in there by bending it you have to turn it sideways to get it out, which of course dumps the oil out. It was a huge mess.

Then I realized that the objective was NOT to get a container under the engine but instead get the oil OUT. And just a few thousand years or so ago someone invented tubular conduits that allow liquid to flow through them unimpeded. I think I even have some in my house somewhere, probably the bathrooms. So I found I have scrap piece 2 inch PVC pipe with a 90 degree elbow and I'll be able to stick it under the drain plug and bring the oil out at a 90 degree angle out the side of the engine compartment and then down into an old laundry detergent jug. The eternal problem of not dropping the drain plug is also solved since I can stick a piece of screen wire in he PVC pipe to catch it and thus avoid fishing around in the oil pan with my bare hands to find it.

Of course, there is no reason I could have not been doing this for the last 35 years and thereby avoid doing the work of three grown men named Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back