What Cheered You Up Today? (24 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got the call back to have the oil bubble from my eye removed, middle of Sept.....6 months later. Trying to paint details without depth perception has been a right pain in the keester
How the heck did you get an oil bubble in your eye? Then again maybe I don't want to know the crazy how you did that.
Painting details without depth perception can't be fun. I know mine is not the best. The one thing I can think of would be worse is being an Air Force Air Refueling Specialist AKA Boomer.
 
How the heck did you get an oil bubble in your eye?
Had a detached retina and they insert oil or gas behind the retina to force it against the eyeball. I believe the gas dissipates on its own but because I needed to go through several mountain passes on the way home and back down, it was decided that oil was the safest way to go
 
Had a detached retina and they insert oil or gas behind the retina to force it against the eyeball. I believe the gas dissipates on its own but because I needed to go through several mountain passes on the way home and back down, it was decided that oil was the safest way to go
OMG. I hope the procedure works.
 
Twenty years ago that detached retina would have left that eye blind with no other options so that oil bubble is a genuine inconvenience but, like the trabeculectomy in each eye that I had, is infinitely better than losing the sight in that eye completely. Because of the trabs my eye pressure varies from hour to hour and that affects my vision significantly. If the pressure is up I can read three point print no problems, if it is down and the eye has pruned I have trouble reading 12 or 14 point. I still consider that a win (and it is one of several reasons I am digitising my manuals and posting them on line).

No driving, flying, diving, etc, is a big bitch but I can still see and appreciate the beautiful things in life so I class that bacon.
 
My advisor to University of Wisconsin-Whitewater spoke to admissions and got them straightened out. They were trying to hold me out on my HS diploma from 1987. I have gone to four universities and that was the first one that actually insisted on it. When I was accepted by Concordia, they never asked for that because they knew I already had my BA. The admissions office knew this, yet said I could apply next year. Julie sent them a message and said I needed to be admitted because I was already in a graduate program. They decided they didn't need the diploma after all. I can enroll to work on my add-on to my license work. I must be insane to want more work during the school year :oops:
 
70% chance of success. I was talking to a guy a couple of months ago and he's on his third try. You wouldn't believe how many people I've met who've had it or know someone who had had it; more common than I thought

I am lucky I guess in that I have heard of this but only know one person who had a detached retina. That was in 2003 and there was nothing that the Australian specialists could do for him so he went blind in that eye.

Being able to undergo a procedure more than once with an ultimate 70% chance of full cure is great for you, your family and your future. Best wishes from here as well.
 
Sprung the wife from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Boys and cats are much relieved and the world is righted according to them. She's breathing much better, but it means that I have to start accelerating trying to find us a new place, where we can build. New place will have no texture on wall or ceilings and no carpet, along with a massive air filtration system. It's only $. o_O
 
Just finished the second part of the hardest thing I have had to do in some time. Unless you count that lady who made me redo an assignment three times. Ready for the meeting tomorrow at 9 am and then I will do the last part I have to turn in before I take my big test next Saturday (FORT).
 
Not today, but earlier this week took the van to the transmission shop because the massive (did I say MASSIVE) oil leak may have been the rear engine seal.
The regular shop I use showed me the oil slung all over the rear of the engine and recommended the tranny shop as it would have to come off to get to the rear engine seal.
Transmission guys replaced the oil pressure switch which gushed oil when running.
Two hundred twenty dollars rather than several hundred I expected.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back