What do you play?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or this:

Attachments

• xx6.jpg
    xx6.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 151
  • xx7.jpg
    xx7.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 150
  • xx8.jpg
    xx8.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 153
  • xx9.jpg
    xx9.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 150
  • xx10.jpg
    xx10.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 147
The great thing is, of course, that you can import a load of stuff from other developers - aircraft, sounds, effects, clouds, skins, voicepacks, etc - which you cannot do in IL-2, where all you can do is change the skins, and hope Oleg will make you the aircraft you want at a price you can afford.

Most of what you see here is freeware - although the B_17 is from a commercial add-on, (but there is a new, free B-17 available at AvHistory), the skins are free; I confress - I did them, too!

Attachments

• SEAC SpitV 54Sqn 800 a.jpg
    SEAC SpitV 54Sqn 800 a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 148
  • xx14.jpg
    xx14.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 147
  • xx13.jpg
    xx13.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 146
  • xx12.jpg
    xx12.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 152
  • xx11.jpg
    xx11.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Homeward Bound.jpg
    Homeward Bound.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Kittyhawk_GA-C.jpg
    Kittyhawk_GA-C.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Swordfish_Sunrise.jpg
    Swordfish_Sunrise.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 85Sqn_Buster.jpg
    85Sqn_Buster.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Outbound for Belgium.jpg
    Outbound for Belgium.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 149
I like IL-2 better, and its more realistic as well as a flight model...

Than stock CFS3, possibly, although I suspect that Oleg has a soft spot for VVS stuff...

Having said that, there is a team of incredibly dedicated people at Avhistory.org, who aim - and succeed - at providing air files which give the aircraft performances within 1% of the originals. This is done by the use of physics and calculation, not "I think it flew like this", and the results are incredible. They have become the standard for serious users, as opposed to the arcade players. Check it out.

other than the last set of shots there and the cool British aircraft i think IL-2 looks better, but whilst we're posting here's what i thought to be rather ammusing B-24 shots :lol:

mm1c8hj.jpg

mm2c8ah.jpg

mm3c0zz.jpg

mm4c3hn.jpg

mm5c8sd.jpg

mm6c5hq.jpg

sources on right click

Mickey the Moocher was a Lancaster.

We've got two in CFS3, one payware, and one freeware.

Just look at the engine nacelles and count the sides! Sorry, but it'll take more than that to convince me.

At the moment, I've got several different Lancs, including B.I Specials, Stirlings, Halibags, Wellingtons, Whitleys, Manchesters, Blenheims MkI and MkIV, and Battles. That's just RAF bombers.

Otherwise, several different types of Hurricane, including tropicalized, Spits of all types, Gladiators, Tomahawks, Kittyhawks, Morane 406, Dewoitine 520, Potez 633, 631 and 63-11, etc, etc, etc. Nearly all free, and good quality with it.

The great thing is, if you can't find one, you can learn to make it.

And with all the mods available, the visuals are really excellent!

yes i know it's supposed to be a lancaster i managed to spot that one as well, the reason they've done that is because at the time this was done several years ago there weren't really any lanc out there so they did this for a laugh, i think they did a good job!

this was done several years ago there weren't really any lanc out there

As far as I know - I haven't updated IL/FB for some time - there still isn't. The skinning is fine, that's not the problem, and I've done similar things when no aircraft of the right type was available.

The problem I have when chatting with IL/FB players is that they tend to judge CFS3 by the from-the-box product, and not by the end result. We - I mean, not just the Med Air War team, but also the many other designers who are good but just not involved in MAW - have essentially re-created just about everything from the .exe up - and the results are incredible. We joke about it as "CFS4", in fact. Another major add-on which has already been released - also free - is OFF, a First World War extension. There is also a very good Korean War add-on. I'm also involved in a Battle Of France project. That is what I find best about the MS sims - there are very few limitations to what you can do to them.

And between OFF, MAW, and all the other freeware mods and add-ons, you are in for a real trip!

And with that, I suggest we move this to another string, and hand this one back to the guys with the bats and balls... :|

Attachments

• yy1.jpg
    yy1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 159
  • yy2.jpg
    yy2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 127
  • yy3.jpg
    yy3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 130
  • yy4.jpg
    yy4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 130
  • yy5.jpg
    yy5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 128
  • yy10.jpg
    yy10.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 136
  • yy9.jpg
    yy9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 131
  • yy8.jpg
    yy8.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 129
  • yy7.jpg
    yy7.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 133
  • yy6.jpg
    yy6.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 129
  • yy11.jpg
    yy11.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 133
  • yy12.jpg
    yy12.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 131
Il-2 does look better to be frank, and now you can buy a lancaster add on for FS2004 with 6 or so lancs, a mossie and possibly a manchester add on..........

Can't see it myself - look at the ground textures, trees, etc; not much detail.

Bear in mind I'm not using very high resolution, and the anti-aliasing is off to get better fps.

Awesome, good for you really i mean that sincerely, not very many people can say that, buuuut i have also been playing hockey since the age of six, i played for the Edmonton Ice for 2 years, Edmonton Ice used to be the Farm Team for the Oilers, then i shattered my my right knee, but it was repaired and still play community till this day

i played rugby for my local team and sevens for my cadet unitwe were national cadet rugby sevens champions 2 years running i was scrum half and did a bit of kicking, got my knees bent the wrong way so dont play any more do a bit of kicking practice now and again though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back