What do you play?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hehe...

Attachments

• fatkid.gif
    fatkid.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 138
Forgot about paintball. Other than playing golf almost every day now I play paintball.

Oh yeah and I play with my wife...

I play Cricket for South Petherwin, only had one game this year though cos I havent turned up to most of the training sessions and the couple of games I did get asked for I couldnt make...
Used to play about 3-4 hours of Snooker a day when I was a bit younger and longed for a full size table, but the last 2 years or so I havent really done much about it...
I dont mind a spot of tennis and ive always been pretty good at Archery, I tried kayaking once and didnt really like it...Gotta try water-skiing sometime if we ever get our boat replenished...Enjoy a cycle occasionally too
I also banger raced for 2 years with a bit of success, but cos we appeared as "outsiders" I was unfairly treated by the marshalls and decided enough was enough, and we couldnt get my next car ready in time anyway...which is a shame because if I was competetive in an underpowered Mini and then a horrible Metro, just think what would have happened with a Fiesta XR2...

And thats pretty much the only stuff I do ;)

well, I do some cycling and swimming.
Apart from that I train Krav Maga and play golf (I have recently started and my HCP is still 36:mad: ).

Brunner said:
well, I do some cycling and swimming.
Apart from that I train Krav Maga and play golf (I have recently started and my HCP is still 36:mad: ).

Golf is hard to learn and pic up. There are so many small things that you have to do right or it will screw up your swing. I love the game and play all the time. In fact I am playing again this afternoon after work.

I play:

American football (for fun)
Soccer (for fun)
baseball (for fun)
hackeysack (if it counts as a sport)

I'm also getting better at tennis, plus i used to swim in high school on the team.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Golf is hard to learn and pic up. There are so many small things that you have to do right or it will screw up your swing.

That's right. I have already noticed that it is the driver (wood 1) which causes much trouble.
Hitting it correctly is very very spectacular, but to hit it correctly is a difficult task.
What clubs do you use Adler?

lesofprimus said:
Krav Maga is great stuff, was trained by the Israelis several times back in the day... Some chick kicked my @ss, and everyone else who tried her...

Bad @ss operative she was...
Yup. I missed many trainings in the last year though, I'll need to reboost...
Nonskimmer said:
Sounds fun. A bit painful perhaps, but fun.
Hehe, yes it is but depends on what kind of movements you train.

lesofprimus said:
What kind of bow do u shoot Glider??? Im shootin a PSE Dakota...

I use three.

A Forest Knight which was my first bow, now nearly 30 years old. Its a one piece wooden recurve bow which I shoot without any extras apart from a basic sight. It always gets comments as almost no one has seen anything like it before. Its a very simple attractive design with the polished wood grain.
Its good for 80 yards but 100 yards with any wind is a bit much for it now.

A Yamaha YTSL. Another Museum piece around 20 years old. At the time it was one of the best bows around but showing its age now. The main problem with it is that I cannot use fastflight strings due to a weak spot on the riser. The extra strain would be likely to break it.
I can give most people a run for their money with it, certainly at club level.

A Sky USA
This is my modern bow and the one for serious competition.

As you can tell I don't use a compound bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back