What do you play?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I was 17 I was using a 44lb bow which I didn't know at the time was way too much for me. As a result my right arm and shoulder started to develop more than my left to a noticable degree.

A coach sorted me out and I dont use anything more than a 38lb bow. Doesn't sound much, but it is a noticable difference.

38 pounds??? That means u shoot a Recurve??? My compound is set for 72 lbs, but its a hunting bow...

$700.00 worth of lifelong fun... A pic and a clip...

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Video Me and Bow.avi
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
what do ya think ?

I'll kick all yer butts ............

Attachments

• zzerich new.jpg
    zzerich new.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 157
lesofprimus said:
38 pounds??? That means u shoot a Recurve??? My compound is set for 72 lbs, but its a hunting bow...

$700.00 worth of lifelong fun... A pic and a clip...

Cheeky Sod. You know there is a whole world of difference between pulling a compound and pulling a recurve.

For those who don't know. On a recurve you hold the weight the entire time you have the bow drawn. On a Compound you pull the bow through the set weight but once you pulled it past the weight there is no weight worth talking about on the arms. This gives you two large advantages

a) As there is no weight you can hold the position for almost as long as you like, making sure of your aim.
b) When you release the bow the pulley system comes into play and you get the set weight of the bow in the energy passed to the arrow. This gives you a much faster arrow speed and lower trajectory making the bow more accurate. The arrow speed is often similar to a crossbow bolt.

I have shot Compound but prefer the challenge of a recurve, finding a compound to easy. Its a quirk of mine or I wouldn't use my old Forest Knight or Yamaha bows in club competitions.

lesofprimus said:
Wasnt tryin to be cheeky there Glider, as I started out many years ago shooting instinctive recurve bows... Still have an old Fred Bear recurve...

My compound runs at slightly over 300 ft per second...

I didn't mean to over-react sorry about that.

lesofprimus said:
As far as fun things go, I play paintball, jog, go for the occasional surf, shoot archery and at the range fire several weapons of various calibre... I'm 6'6" (198.12 cm), 236 lbs (107 kilos or 16.85 stone) and have blonde hair and blue eyes.... I enjoy long walks through cool jungle airs, hand-holding, @ss-grabbing and hugs galore... Im an Aries with a tenderheart and an open mind.... I like kittens and flowers, and my secret goal is to be a hairdresser...

God... Just typing that crap gives me a headache..

Ok Dan,

That is the hardest I have laughted in awhile. I can just picture you sitting in front of your computer typing that up. Crap i just started laughing again. **** my sides hurt now. I think that is one of the best posts I have ever seen you post. You get a Big gold star for that one. lol

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 149
cycling, sex, cycling, sex, sex, cycling ........... and more............ouch ! more cycling

Rugger and Cricket - until I moved to France! :sad2: (yes, I know they play rugger too, but it's not the same...)

I play Combat Flight Simulator. How's that? :oops:

I need to start playing it (notice I sayed playing it, not flying it, like some people actually think they are flying a plane when they play it), mostly because I just want the cool screenshots.

Maybe not the place, but time for an onslaught! IL-2 has its good points, but if you want decent screenies, CFS3 is the thing. I agree, as it comes out of the box, it's a bit disappointing, but with the freeware add-ons and mods, it gets to look like this:

Attachments

• xx4.jpg
    xx4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102
  • xx3.jpg
    xx3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 113
  • xx2.jpg
    xx2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 120
  • xx1.jpg
    xx1.jpg