What do you play?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

no joke for what team, I apparently had a distant relative who was goalkeeper for Nott Forest in their championship winning days. He also kept for the Dutch national team in loosing world cup finals!!! When they probably should have won!!

He plays for the mighty, erm, Exeter City. But they didnmanage a goalless draw at Old Trafford with him in goal. He's only about 19-20 so plenty of time for him to move up the league. Was certainly weird seeing your own cousin who you played football with as a kid live on national TV!

Nice stuff Watanbe.............

Yea Im thinking of getting into classic bike racing. Old man has a spare frame and some hot motor bits :)

Yeh thats awesome man god luck...my mates dad owns a Kawasaki dealer and they are involved in that sort of stuff. My grandpa is a real classics bike fan and built from parts a BSA and a Jawa (i think) it was Czech bike.

Already 10 years of Basketball in my home town.

In the winter I can be found riding my MTB on the fields of flanders (well actually just some fields in Flanders not The fields, you know 8) )

For the rest in my spare-time:

-Swimming
-Fitness
-squash
-Running
-some good old soccer or football (just with mates nothing in competition)
-and every day from home to school and back. 25 kilometers on my bike.

I think that's about it.

greetings

geez you get around! 25kms a day is a fair effort.

When I'm playing cricket I'll do 6km by bike and then train. But 25km is massive, you must be pretty fit to say the least!

I used to play soccer, badminton and handball, and I also enjoyed participating in the training at Taek-won Do when I was younger, that was until I got diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee, and general hypermobility in the entire body.
Okay, g'bye to all contact sports, that is, soccer, handball and any kind of martial arts, so now I go swimming now and then, and I ride my bicycle back and forth to work every day to train my knee. It's only two miles, so it ain't bad and I enjoy the trip.
I also played chess at the local club, but Istopped after the club closed.
Same with one of the local fishing clubs, where I was a regular until the club had to close, because the buildings had to be torn down to make room for a new super sports arena in Ballerup. *pouts*
So I stick to my bicycle and the local swimming for training.
I'd love to take up shooting again, but I'm afraid it's a little too expensive for me for the time being, so that'll have to wait.

Never played any contact sports to speak of, except American Football and Baseball in my pre-teen years.

My sport of choice now is Traditional Archery, meaning I shoot Longbows and Recurves. No modern day Compounds for me anymore. Used to shoot them, but they lost thier excitement. Wooden bows and arrows have more charactor and personality IMO.
Also do a lot of trail hiking, Ice fishing, not much summer fishing anymore, hunting, and a bit of bicycle riding.

Baseball and Soccer all four seasons. Used to play football but I was playing as Quarter Back and I hurt my right shoulder in such a way I can't throw as well as I used to, it was the same arm that had 48 stitches in it.. so no more really bad contact sports for me, period. Baseball I play 1st base, least amount of throwing.

Football
or Soccer for our US friends. I run the company's football club and we convene weekly on a Monday evening. I upped subscriptions about two years ago to buy kits and that is about to come to fruition, they should be with us within the next 2 weeks.
We have a good pool of players and it's my intention to get them out there playing other peoples teams, plus an annual internal match that I'm planning for the last full working week before the Christmas break, for a memorial trophy dedicated to a husband/wife team who worked at our facility and were tragically killed in a road accident. I'm also working on another annual match with our Customer, to be hosted at their venue and ours in alternating years.
We're unaffiliated, meaning no sponsorship money from our parent company but we have opted for the company logo on the jerseys (we don't mind flying the flag) and besides, I like the standalone approach, we get to make all our own decisions.
Hate to admit it, legs are getting a bit old for 90 minutes of open combat but when I do eventually bow out I will continue to run things, we've got a great set of players and I want them to concentrate on the football and I'll do the organising.

Joined a 50-60 ice hockey team (no contact) as a goalie haven't played in 15yrs but i assume I'll still have my lightning like reflexes

A lot less at 65 than 35 and 20.

Old days Football, Baseball, Basketball and Golf - corner and safety in college but hovering around scratch as a golfer until my father passed and I lost my golf buddy (and enthusiasm). I played flag football and pick up basketball and softball through 30's until knees were shot. I did a lot of scuba/spearfishing when we lived on coast and skiing when close to mountains

Middle years - some golf, a lot of competitive shotgun including trap, bunker trap, international skeet and flyers/

Flying until heart problems and blood pressure. U Control and R/C until my kids were out of the house/

Now - still shooting some competition pigeon shooting (hand thrown and box) and recreational sporting clays and bunker trap. The rest of the 'games' are Texas Hold 'em and poker at Reno/vegas, Bridge. just learned to fly fish so salmon and steelhead on the Rogue has been fun

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back