What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm on a circle track racing team, Tyrod Racing, and my name's Tom, a lot of people at the tracks called me Tyrodtom already, so I just adopted it for my online ID.

Elmas is the name of the seaplane and landplane airport of my town.

Very famous, from there started many of the Balbo and De Pinedo cruises in the '30s.

Here two IMAM Ro. 1 flying over the lagoon: at the stick of the plane in the front there's the Gen. Aldo Costa (Lieutenant, in those days) wich I had the pleasure to meet in his seventies.

999_12.jpg

Gen Costa in this picture is at the extreme right: the photo explains well his nickname "Metrocubo" (cubic metre).....

999_13.jpg

Gen. Costa took his wings on the Spad XIII in the '20s and flew on reconnaissance aircraft Ro. 37 during the Aethiopian War.

Here the Cant. Z 506 i-LAMA taking off from the same lagoon for a transatlantic flight to Brasil in 1937:

999_11.jpg

and another picture taken during the war:

1610.jpg

Last edited:
Brand new to this forum and this is my first post...so tread lightly! Great site from what I have seen so far! Volume and quality of information is top shelf.

User name: 5bR6897....Spit Mk 5b ...serial number R6897 and coded DB*Z. Flown by my uncle with 411 RCAF.

Written off in Jan 43 mid air with Spit AB847 killing my uncle...P.O. Gilbert Frederick Brown/Toronto, Ont.

I would also appreciate any additional info that anyone might have on his incident or my uncle.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
I have just brought a part from R6897 and, like you, are after a picture of her.
Did you manage to find one?
I'm researching as much as I can and if I'm successfull I'll let you know
Cheers
John

23 years as an Aviation Ordnanceman,14 of those years working with the Phantom. phantomordie

Mine got me my grandfather when I started an HE-111 of the GCE (Spanish civil war), known as Peter, played by the artillery Republic after a bombing in Madrid and Republican fighter as my grandfather saw many of these during the entire war I said it was a broken (in Castilian that is not the same as Spanish is a nationality not a language), so bad that made ​​him think it was very easy to do for a child solo12 years.

My initials AC and I'm into 'planes. I was given the nick at 9 by my best friend, and we've stuck together through thin and thinner ever since.

I wanted to combine the names of two awesome planes and Spitstang didn't sound right. Kittycat was taken, though Wildhawk sounded pretty good. Zerscar just wasn't going to cut it. Tempicane?:oops: Fockeschmitt:shock: I didn't want to change the the rating of this sight from PG-13 to XXX. Hurrisquito........Nah, that wasn't gonna work. Beaupest, well you figure how well that would of worked. Gladiant....Oh, I don't know either. I finally decided on the King and Queen of the Pacific.:|

We hosted a wine and cheese party whereby my friends and I all promptly got very, very drunk, formed a cheese club and gave each other special cheese club names consisting of the first two initials of your name and...wait for it...a random type of cheese!

We don't get out much down here...

Quis Separabit

Aaaand - welcome to this cheese emporium. But I'm afraid the Fromage d'La Belle France is a triffle runny .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back