.......What is a tank??? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The problem is that both Lanc and CC have allowed their love of their respective aircraft to skew their vision.

I was refering to them being burned after the war. Even then I've seen plenty of destroyed P-38s. So, are they good pictures of the P-38?

The problem is that both Lanc and CC have allowed their love of their respective aircraft to skew their vision.

not true, it just so happens that the lanc was the best bomber, fighter-bomber, fighter and recon plane of the war.................

I think he may be, it is worrying. :lol:
The Roc was the best plane, what are you talking about? :lol: :lol:

That's amazing Brad. Look at that, he's 10 and saying Ganja. I'd never even heard of marijuana until I was like....12. As long as you don't get any Brad, my God, imagine that a 10 year old on dope...that would really mean this country has gone to hell.

That's so cheap I never even considered it.

The greatest tank gun of the war; 8.8cm KwK43 L/71; penertration at 2km: 153mm at 30 degrees. T-34/76 Model 1942 had 45mm frontal armour slanted to give same defence as 80mm straight.
That means the T-34/76 Model 1942 was basically screwed if it got seen anywhere up to 3km away (I don't know the penertration at 3km of the gun but it probably decreased to about 100mm).
And the particular tank carrying that gun had 180mm frontal armour at 9 degrees, the T-34/76 had to get damn close to kill it.

And the particular tank carrying that gun had 180mm frontal armour at 9 degrees, the T-34/76 had to get damn close to kill it.

allot easier when you the tank is frozen up so it can't move and the T-34 can sneak up behind you...............

plan_D said:
That's amazing Brad. Look at that, he's 10 and saying Ganja. I'd never even heard of marijuana until I was like....12. As long as you don't get any Brad, my God, imagine that a 10 year old on dope...that would really mean this country has gone to hell.
I agree, the only thing I was thinking about when I was ten was women and tits :oops: . I used to think tobacco was a drug. Seriously brad, chill out when you're ten. Think about tits, it always calms me down. (Not reall, thinking about me woman to be calms me down...)

Why would you think it would decrease to less than 100mm, Lanc? No offence but you don't know much about tanks, and you don't know what the tank is I'm talking about.
The T-34/76 would have to have a very good crew, or lucky crew to be able to sneak a 30-tonne tank 3km without being seen. Even if the tank is stuck, it's turret still moves. That's 3km in which the T-34 was in the killing zone, maybe even more. The average kill distance in armoured warfare in World War 2 was 500m...and one of the longest kill distances was recorded by a Sturmgetschutz mit 8.8cm PaK43/2 or in short a Ferdinand destroying a T-34/76 Model 1942 at 4.5km.

And to rest your mind, the previous tank with the most powerful cannon, and 180mm armour was the...Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf B (Sd Kfz 182)...I love complicating things. :lol:
It's the King Tiger or Konigstiger or Tiger II or VK4503.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back