.......What is a tank???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

no actually the panzer thing is true and yes i am a kid, 13 to be exact but germany did have better tech but that was wasted because they also had hitler and the final solution to deal with as well

germanrgeniuse, i will be watching for you and we together will continue to keep aussie jim defeated. thankyou for your support........i will remember you forever :D

aussie jim.........are you to scared already :?: this is what i will do :snipersmile: .... i am sorry but war has begun and there will be no mercy.....i have many on my side and we will not retreat.... your time has come.....

OK so this has turned into some Keeraazy post hasnt it :shock:

:bazooka:

i might just sit back and watch the silliness :happy1:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: well...............................aussie jim, hello, hmmmmmm, a chicken hey!!!!!!

if you sit in one spot we will find you in an instant.......you cannot hide aussie jim, there is nowhere to run aussie jim........ :twisted:

see we are coming aussie jim.....................defeated you will be.....say your prayers aussie jimmmmmmmm :rightfighter1: :violent1:

aussie jim, i have started up my plane and i am taking off as we speak............ you will be destroyed tonight and i will be burying you later after the magots have eaton your dead rotton carcas......

well thats not a very nice thing to say. uh... fear not, the canadian's got your back. Ive got sharp sticks and some rocks I can throw at them ;)

Germans, I recall reading some articles online that said the French tanks at the start of WWII were actually better than the German tanks. The only problem was the French we prepared for a static war (like WWI) and for the Germans to be stupid enough to attack through the Maginot Line (seriously, how stupid can you be????). Anyways, the French got massacred anyways because the German command used their brains to attack through Belgium and they had excellent air/ground coordination between Stukas and the like and the ground units.

Oh yes. A tank is something that holds another subtstance. ie a gas tank

..and aslo German before your brain gets fuddled thinking the germans were Supermen or anything...no offence meant here chap :)

The Tiger was a superb machine but it had its drawbacks as well ..it was overengineered for the Russian front in as it was a war of attrition and could not be produced in big enough quantities to keep the supply up owing to breakdowns in the field. Because it was so technical, when it broke down or was damaged the Field engineers could not readily get it back into battle quickly enough as it took a long time to fix/get the parts.
Which is not wat you want in a frontline tank-especially in the huge Tank battles on the Russian front ..the T34 was an easily mass produced tank that could take out the Tigers (although with a smaller gun and less armour) and was also more manoeverable and quicker.

It was another case off too little too late .

The Sherman was a good tank being quick and very manoeverable as well although it got the name "Ronson" -after the cig lighter :shock: because it used to brew up fairly quick. The allies as usual had thought it through and made a tank that was what you needed for frontline use..easily servicable/quick turn around times and plenty of parts..undertechnical compared to the German machine but far easier to use as a weapon and something needed in fast flowing battles.

Its no good having the best weapon if you cant turn it around quick (meaning get it back to the front after damge/breakdown) repair it in the field or supply parts.

There is a good story about the best German tank ace of the war who shot something like 13 Sherman tanks in a convoy (This is in the West) and then proceeded to take a town and flush out a another squad of Americans and then broke down or was hit by enemy fire.He managed to get back to his own lines and get another tank but didnt get back to the town and was killed by Allied air cover later.

It was a good tank but it wasnt implemented into the German war effort properly ..as was more and more usual in the latter stages.

In the desert the British tanks got the best of the German tanks and had superior equipment ..albeit by a margin ..and also used them well-even against the master Rommel.

If your only 13 you should do some reading on some of the British/American/ Russian Tank Generals and Armies ..if only to find out how the other side worked ;) ..not only the Germans had good equipment and war stories dude.

cheers

yes some french tanks were good...like the Char S-35 which was used by De Gaulle to great effect but not many others... german tanks were the most coplicated machines on the field and when i said they had the best tanks i meant in battle when killing is the most important but yes, after the battle, the damaged ones were screwed for quite a while.... and another deficiency you guys forgot to mention about german tanks was the tread wheels which while they gave a great ride and handling, the overlapping wheels were prone to freeze in russia which was to the advantage of anti tank squads and other tanks but in battle, german tanks were admittedly unsurpassed, ESPECIALLY Tiger II's but in my other posts i should hae been more specific as to how they are better.... o well

the freanch had some of the best tanks in WWI atleast, and besides, the germans only had 1!!!!!!!! count 'em 1 !!!!!!!!!!! anti-tank guns that could take out a T-34, and that was the 88, designed as a flack gun :lol:

Lol, the 88 was one of the great guns of WW2, used for flak, anti-tank and anti-shipping roles and a thundering good artillery piece besides.

As for German tanks, they were very good but so were some of the others on offer, all except the British ones for some reason!

Kiwimac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back