.......What is a tank???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jj1982 now i see this i love you :oops: :shock: :oops: :D :) :lol: :evil: :twisted: :rolleyes: ;)

Really sinka???? Word of advice.....Keep with aussie....he obviously has a great amount of patience....whereas i dont......dont say i didnt warn you! :BIG: :tomcat: :whdat: :leftfighter3:

didnt what????warn him...it was done in a subtle gentle way.....sort of undertone to the message!

GermansRGeniuses said:
hi! there is one thing to know about tanks... that thing is Sherman tanks SUCK and German tanks ROCK that is the most basic thin about tanks you need to know an example would be that ONE German Tiger 1 could hold off an entire armored column of shermans =P im not sure how many tanks are in a column but i know its more than six o and shermans are american but brits and aussies used them too

The best tank of WW2 was the T-34.

There can be no argument, as there is no doubt.

It beat the hell out of anything German :physassult:

:werecomingforyou:

Come on bronze...when did i ever forget to warn anyone before i begin an onslaught of abuse and violence???

jj1982 said:
Come on bronze...when did i ever forget to warn anyone before i begin an onslaught of abuse and violence???

That time you hit the school bully with a chair in theatre arts..yes he was asking for it but i think the first warning of your impending beating he got was when you kicked him off his chair and stood over him ready to drop it on his head...as i say Cheddar...be very careful who you choose as a role model :lol:

c.c are you aware of the fact that you just called yourself ugly?

yup, i dont have any self esteem at all and im not gonna lie to you, i am ugly 8) my haircut nearly looks like a mullet, according to one of my friends my ears are wonky and im spotty 8)

A note on the king tiger, although it was awsome in firepower and armor, it got .4miles per gallon. The germans could bairly do anything with them by the end of the war.

I must say, i do hope that i dont upset this JJ1982 fellow. He seems like a rather nasty piece of work.. I have just seen a few of his posts. I thought that this was a forum for WW2 aircraft. Sorry JJ1982 if your reading this

Have no fear, things with jj1982 have settled down quite a bit of late :D

And yes, for the most part, this forum is for WW2 aircraft, we just tend to get a little sidetracked occasionally ;)

Welcome! :D

Although this is an aircraft forum, I may as well bring my knowledge of WW2 tanks to it as well, if not for a short time.

The best world war 2 tank a T-34? How do you come to the conclusion because on paper it certainly wasn't. It was easy to produce, fast, strong and had good firepower. It's losses were high, even higher than the Shermans. Although on this, there were more T-34s in battle than Shermans. No doubt, the T-34 saved Russia but it certainly wasn't the best tank.
The Panther destroyed T-34s from over 2km, in one battle 7 Panthers met 70 T-34s and in the 20 minute conflict they destroyed 28 T-34s without a single loss.
The Tiger also walked all over the T-34, it had a more powerful cannon and stronger armour. The only disadvantages the Tiger had to anything, and I mean any tank of World War 2 were the small numbers and the speed of its turret. On this, the Tiger was 1:1 (Width:Length) so it could turn on the spot very quickly, if the turret wasn't fast enough the whole body would turn to bear the gun.
The Ferdinand, although not a tank was reported to destroy a T-34 at 4.5 km, that is much further than the average kill distance in tank battles which was 500m.

The Pershing, an American tank was superior to the T-34 which by 1943 was being out-classed by everything. Why do you think it was up-gunned to 85mm cannon? Even with the 85mm cannon it was weak in armour protection.

The King Tiger, now the King Tiger was at a disadvantage on the Eastern Front, that's why when it was being designed it was destined for the Western Front. The roads were poor in Russia and Eastern Europe, not only that the ground is less stable due to worse weather. At 68 tonnes, the King Tiger did not fare well. However, it was a great tank and surpassed anything on the battlefield in firepower and armour.

The A34 Comet, a British tank which could almost match the Tiger was also better than the T-34.

The JS-2 or IS-2 was the best Soviet tank to see service, with it's 122mm cannon it out classed any other Soviet tank however, even with a 122mm cannon it didn't have the pierce capability of the King Tiger, and with the Tiger they fought on equal footings. The King Tiger and Tiger both had 88mm cannons but due to German engineering were more refined and therefore more powerful.

The T-34 was said to be good, which it was for many reasons but the main one was due to its ease of build. The T-34 was easy to build and its vast numbers were a major reason it fared so well. In 1941 it was the best tank on the field but when the Panthers and Tigers came along the T-34 was out-classed and its ease of build were what kept it on the field.
The Sherman wasn't that bad, even some Soviets said that they were good if you knew how to use them. In the Korean war in every encounter between the Shermans and T-34s, the Shermans came out on top.

I was kind of confused to how that happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back