What is the Best Beer in the World Poll

What is the best beer?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't drink beer anymore. Messes up my stomach.
Got to go with the hard stuff. Crown Royal or a good Demerrara rum.

I'm in the same boat. Medications I'm on are really messing with my alchohol intake, have not had a drink since New Years Eve!

Since my Sweetheart is Bulgarian, she introduced me to a couple Bulgarian beers that are downright tastey.

Zagorka and Kamonitza are well established beers there and both have their roots in old Czech brewing recipes. While I still enjoy my German beers, I never pass up an opportunity to have one of these Bulgarian beers! :thumbleft:

You did not list Shiner and at that Shiner Bock. Sorry have to do a write in!
o-SHINER-BOCK-facebook.jpg

The greatest beer in the world is Kreuzberg from the Kreuzberg Monestary in Germany. Every person that has been there and actually tried it agrees. I have not met anyone who has not agreed.

Last edited:
I'm restricting my answer to "What's the best mass-produced beer in the US." Except for some British beers, I've not drunk anything except US-market versions of non-US beers. Does Guinness fill their tankers to the US with the same beer they ship to Dublin pubs?

About 20 years ago, I did some work for a company which tracked beer sales for the industry. There were, at the time, something like five hundred different brands of beer sold in the US. Since then, brew pubs and microbreweries have flourished, so now, you could probably have a poll with a dozen entries for beers local to North Dakota.

Last edited:
I'm restricting my answer to "What's the best mass-produced beer in the US." Except for some British beers, I've not drunk anything except US-market versions of non-US beers. Does Guinness fill their tankers to the US with the same beer they ship to Dublin pubs?

About 20 years ago, I did some work for a company which tracked beer sales for the industry. There were, at the time, something like five hundred different brands of beer sold in the US. Since then, brew pubs and microbreweries have flourished, so now, you could probably have a poll with a dozen entries for beers local to North Dakota.

The micro brews here in the US are great beers, and on par with anything from Europe. Its just the mass produced **** that everyone equates to American "piss water". :lol:

I was amazed the other day, when I saw some neighbors standing in front of their garage, looking at a muddy 4x4 and all holding a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer...

I was informed that it was popular and all the rage now. I thought PBR went the way of Lucky Lager and Schlitz, to be honest.

Fad beers come and go but quality ones are eternal. We had a similar fad in Toronto in the 80's when some horse pi$$ called Carling Red Cap became the favourite of the "elite" in local dance clubs - until they found out it was getting popular again everywhere for that reason and promptly switched to something else.

When I went to Detroit for the Autorama, I had a lager called Dirty Bastard. It was great, and I am not beer person. They also have on called Arrogant Bastard. It was a little heavy, somewhat dark, and tasted great. I can't get it where I live so it must have been a local brew.

yep...the fad beers (or drinks) have always come and gone.

I remember several years ago, a beer called "Erlanger" that was supposed to be the most awesome thing ever to come in a bottle. The only trace of it nowdays is the distance memory and the occasional promo mirror hanging on a wall somewhere...

Don't forget Beer Whizz Beer.

It's in the water; that's why it's yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back