What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just finished a series called Manhattan about the desert atomic bomb work-ups. It wasn't bad as long as you ignore the drama injected into to make it tasteful for women. It looks like they really tried to get it right.
OK, now that makes sense!
Sorry if I was a bit tough before. Thank you for clarifying your statement.

Last edited:
Anyone else looking to see Barbie? There was a lot of pink around when we went to see Oppenheimer and everyone I know whose seen the Barbie film has said it's a hoot!
My step daughter and granddaughter saw the B movie. Daughter is over 40 and the grand daughter is 22. Really? I hear that Ken is a real man's man...😆

While I enjoyed the smalls nuggets of true historical facts, some anachronisms were anoying cos they were easily avoidable (lack of red dot in the star preMidway, dark green upper superfaces in the Zeros) and other unjustifiable fantasy (pointblank bomb and torpedo dropping, frontal torpedo drop at battleship row, a veritable B-26 squadron at Midway).

Not absolutely bad but could be far better.

Last edited:

While I enjoyed the smalls nuggets of true historical facts, some anachronisms were anoying cos they were easily avoidable (lack of red dot in the start preMidway, dark green upper superfaces in the Zeros) and other unjustifiable fantasy (pointblank bomb and torpedo dropping, frontal torpedo drop at battleship row, a veritable B-26 squadron at Midway).

Not absolutely bad but could be far better.
If given a choice, would you prefer to see that Midway or this one?

If given a choice, would you prefer to see that Midway or this one?
I tried to watch the 1976 one but it wasn't aviable in any of the streaming servicies I have so resorted to the 2019 one.

While the 1976 have many anachronisms also, the planes are real while the CGI in the 2019 is not great (rather mediocre) and the cast in the 1979 versión is way better than the 2019 one.

Maybe the 2019 could be more acurate in the historical facts due to the secrecy of signal inteligence in the 70s but I will had chosen the 1976.

I tried to watch the 1976 one but it wasn't aviable in any of the streaming servicies I have so resorted to the 2019 one.

While the 1976 have many anachronisms also, the planes are real while the CGI in the 2019 is not great (rather mediocre) and the cast in the 1979 versión is way better than the 2019 one.

Maybe the 2019 could be more acurate in the historical facts due to the secrecy of signal inteligence in the 70s but I will had chosen the 1976.
Thank you for that detailed response.
Much appreciated.
If you'd still like to see the 1976 version, you can rent it on YT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IktNlCr6S2w

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back