What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Men of Honor" wasn't too incredibly bad. Not really war-related, but it was Navy.

For accuracy, the most accurate modern movies relating to the Navy would have to be "McHale's Navy" or "Down Periscope". Everything else is just Hollywood screwups.

"Fistfull of Dollars". Target's got a couple of double-feature DVD's, this and "A Few Dollars More" were in one. Also got the "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" and "Hang Em High" to watch, too.

Good times!

Max Payne. For a movie based (roughly) on a video game, it wasn't the worst I've seen. Glad I missed it in the theaters, though. I place this in the "grab a six-pack and a movie nite" category.

Last movie I saw was on TV, "My Darling Clementine" a John Ford movie with Henry Fonda, Ward Bond, Victor Mature, a Wyatt Earp story filmed in the 40s, I think. Speaking of movies about the Navy, recently read a story about John Ford. For those who are unfamiliar, one of the best directors ever and known for having a bad temper. He was in the Navy in WW2 and actually filmed the Japanese attack on Midway island. Anyway, during the filming of "Mr Roberts", Henry Fonda was complaining to Ford that he was missing some of the "nuances" of the story line. Ford got up from his chair, called Fonda "a clueless SOB" and hit him in the jaw. Fonda never worked for Ford again. IMO the best US Navy films ever were "They Were Expendable" a Ford film and "Task Force" released around 1948, when I saw it first, with Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan.

Users who are viewing this thread