What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just saw "The King's Speech" - the true story of King George VI and his speech therapist - George had a painful stutter and had to overcome it when his brother Edward abdicated the throne to marry Mrs. Wallace Simpson - just as WW2 was awakening.

An amazing film that I award a ***** out of possible 5* :).

An intimate look at just how close things were in 1939 with Mr. Hitler.

MM

It is next on our list - probably this week. One hell of a cast.

saw "the tourist" with johnny depp and angolina jolie over the weekend. very good...a lot of plot twists. its worth seeing. jolie is simply gorgeous.

Great episode of Nova on PBS tonight about the IJN midget subs deployed during the 7 December 1941 attack.

Looks like they've been able to conclude that one of the 5 midget subs did in fact make a successful attack on one (possibly more) of the USN's Battleships.

NOVA | Killer Subs in Pearl Harbor | PBS

Watched the first 4 episodes of The Pacific the last couple evenings. IMHO it is not as well done as Band of Brothers. Something I can't quite put my finger on is lacking? It may be that I read Band of Brothers before seeing the movie and I have not read the 't books that The Pacific is based on, which I should have done to get a little perspective.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly followed by Hang 'Em High.

Didn't have much problem to understand the dialogues in the "Man With No Name" trilogy, but Hang 'EM High was an other story. That judge somehow had a thick (Texan ?) accent that made his speech hard to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back