What is this Picture?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I need more info, Like was this plane or design ever used? I know its a Do-217

Attachments

• Do217-Me328_3.jpg
    Do217-Me328_3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 268
Definately a Mistel concept. I don't know about the top aircraft, but those are surely pulse jet motors like that of the V-1 Buzz-bomb, two of them.

Probably another Mistel concept. From what I've heard/read they tested a lot of different setups for the program

Mistelschlepp combination, tested in 1943, of a Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 attached to a modified DFS 230B (D-14-664). Althought successful, this method of launching the DFS glider was not adopted operationally.

Mistelschlepp combination, tested in 1943, of a Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 attached to a modified DFS 230B (D-14-664). Althought successful, this method of launching the DFS glider was not adopted operationally.

Interesting... drop gliders and provide air support.

More teeth than a C-47

Yep, Grampa got it in one, and the top combination was the Me 328 V-1 test mounted above a Dornier Do 217E-4. This was NOT intended as a Mistel guided bomb, but for testing aerodynamics of the Me 328.

And another one. Rene Leduc and his amazing ramjet aircraft.

Those Mistel configurations were really weird. I believe the first picture shows the proposed piloted version of a V-1 flying bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back