What is your people tolerance like?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One of my biggest complaints is the refusal of some people to be responsible for their behavioer or actions. It seems that some people are looking for ways to be offended today and want to gt things without having to do anything in return. I've been calling them the "Me Generation".

the real problem with giving $#!T to someone or calling them out on their threat is that there are so many psychos, wackos, and cranked up freaks walking around. you may be expecting a "man to man" with just an A-hole but end up stoking the coals of a certified wack job who forgot to take his meds and now hears voices and doesnt have the rational sense to know when to stop even when he's got someone down and beat.

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life
hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed,
and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven,
I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves
and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs,
I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and
the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime,
they usually just investigate the crime after it happens
and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

Amen to the last paragraph. Just heard some guy on the radio say that Zimmerman is guilty because he was carrying a gun. If Zimmerman had been unarmed then Travon and he would have just had a fist fight. Yet another panzyazz who has never been in a real fight. Zimmerman is probably very lucky he had a gun on him. Sounds like he was about a few seconds away from having the rear of his skull caved in. Oh... but that would be okay. It's just a fist fight.

Grandpappy told my Pappy: 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an a$$ whoopin.'

Totally agree with that last paragraph Mike. Here for example, the police only budge when the blood starts flowing.

Yeah but mind you you're part of the problem if you're walking around with a gun (not saying you Mike!) and you have no legal right to do so. My dad has his permit to carry his firearm anywhere and the only times ice seen him do so are in Newark, NJ when we go to Devils games. There are times where you need to walk 8 blocks at a
Time and it's unnerving in one of the most dangerous cities in America... I really do not think it's necessary to carry a gun everywhere. And the Devils staff are very understanding so they allow those type of things in with documentation etc. and alerting security. Like I said I can get carrying a firearm some places..but if you have no permit to carry you're part f this problem you're trying to protect yourself from. And that's where huge problems occur... People having no right to carry a firearm and they do so anyway..

If your going to your child's birthday party and you're packing heat thats a problem :lol:

Last edited:
Agree H - have never believed firearms are the answer to any problem, they only escalalate them. The @hole solution I call it, when one or both parties are too lazy or arrogant to find a better solution.

Do love firearms for hunting and target shooting, and concede that they may be useful in SOME (but not many) home defence cases (victims of household firearm incidents are usually family members), but to let anyone walk the streets with one freely is just asking for trouble.
Yes, 80% of the population may be normal decent intelligent folk, but there's always that 20% of dickheads and scum who will carry one with intent to do harm.

Main trouble is the bad guys will still always be able to get them, legal or not, but having open firearms laws is like giving them a golden ticket to stock up and have fun. Pure stupidity.

Last edited:
I do carry and do so legally. With the wackcos running loose nowadays it is the places where people do not carry or are not allowed to that they they are going to target. If just one or two teachers had a gun or one or two moviegoers had their weapons how different the aftermath. I quote:
A free people ought...to be armed"
― George Washington

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
― Dalai Lama XIV

Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."
― Alan M. Dershowitz

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal.
― Cherie Priest

"When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws."
― Edward Abbey,

"violence is an evil thing, but when the guns are all in the hands of the men without respect for human rights, then men are really in trouble."
― Louis L'Amour,

I do carry and do so legally. With the wackcos running loose nowadays it is the places where people do not carry or are not allowed to that they they are going to target. If just one or two teachers had a gun or one or two moviegoers had their weapons how different the aftermath. I quote:
A free people ought...to be armed"
― George Washington

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
― Dalai Lama XIV

Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a public safety hazard, don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."
― Alan M. Dershowitz

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal.
― Cherie Priest

"When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws."
― Edward Abbey,

"violence is an evil thing, but when the guns are all in the hands of the men without respect for human rights, then men are really in trouble."
― Louis L'Amour,

Nooooooo way. Teachers carrying guns? That's cringe worthy. I'd rather walk around school taking a chance everyday that someone won't shoot up the school than having the teacher who everyone thinks is a little off be allowed to carry a firearm.

No one JUST carries a concealed firearm without being licensed by the state (state federal backround checks) and taking a 30+ hour course and passing a firing test which requires hitting the target. My sincerest wish is that you NEVER have to face someone with a gun while you stand there unable to do anything but pray. When Old Nick comes for me I intend to be biting, kicking, and scratching ALL the way down. I refuse to be a passive target for some wacko

A good quote from Thomas Jefferson:
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Grau, You bet. How brave to throw your body across your family as the .223 FMJ 3200fps bllets fly and how totally useless and irresponsible of you not to have acted to PROTECT them.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

I can't agree sorry guys.

I'm from New Zealand where we don't have legal firearm carrying, thank God... I have had dealings on two occasions with skinheads and come off the worst for it - my bad for not being the better fighter - but once the blood was cleared up and the black eyes went down, I was still alive and okay. Give them the opportunity to have a gun, and I would have been dead, and all because they wanted to rob me...

I know which way I will vote if the option to allow firearms on the street is ever proposed.

No one JUST carries a concealed firearm without being licensed by the state (state federal backround checks) and taking a 30+ hour course and passing a firing test which requires hitting the target. My sincerest wish is that you NEVER have to face someone with a gun while you stand there unable to do anything but pray. When Old Nick comes for me I intend to be biting, kicking, and scratching ALL the way down. I refuse to be a passive target for some wacko

That wouldn't stop someone from using it for the wrong reasons.....I TRUST Military/Police with firearms....a teacher? Hell no. Regardless of whatever qualifications they have

They are careless a student gets a hold of it
They are angry with a student, threaten the student with it

vs.

Being able to defend students in an event that doesn't occur very often

Just by the teacher having the gun it raises the chance of a school shooting.

Last edited:
Guns are enshrined in the American consciousness. If I were an American I would have a firearm for all the reasons Mike and others say.
In Britain we have a different view on the public owning guns. Here I do not need a gun.... I think.
Society is changing and our ambivalence towards guns may have to change too..

That wouldn't stop someone from using it for the wrong reasons.....I TRUST Military/Police with firearms....a teacher? Hell no. Regardless of whatever qualifications they have

They are careless a student gets a hold of it
They are angry with a student, threaten the student with it

vs.

Being able to defend students in an event that doesn't occur very often

Just by the teacher having the gun it raises the chance of a school shooting.
I would have to disagree with that line of thinking, though, H and here's why: if a teacher would be angry at a student, wouldn't then use a knife, a baseball bat, pencil or other object already available?

Even China, that has strict gun control, can't stop distraught citizens from attacking schools with knives, hatchets and machetes...

I honestly don't think that arming teachers is going to fix the problem of school assaults. Fixing the declining state of society will. But that would require returning to a civil society that respected traditional values and teaching the young to respect authority and thier elders.

There is not perfect solution, but I will say that a criminal will more often avoid a confrontation if there's a chance that thier potential victim might be armed.

I would have to disagree with that line of thinking, though, H and here's why: if a teacher would be angry at a student, wouldn't then use a knife, a baseball bat, pencil or other object already available?

Even China, that has strict gun control, can't stop distraught citizens from attacking schools with knives, hatchets and machetes...

I honestly don't think that arming teachers is going to fix the problem of school assaults. Fixing the declining state of society will. But that would require returning to a civil society that respected traditional values and teaching the young to respect authority and thier elders.

There is not perfect solution, but I will say that a criminal will more often avoid a confrontation if there's a chance that thier potential victim might be armed.

I said if you have a permit to carry FINE, for self protection. If you have no permit to carry you have absolutely NO business walking around with it. Again im all for owning them its when you go out in public with them they cause issues

And my line of thinking may not be what everyone else is thinking but that doesn't account for if a student got his/her hands on the teachers gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back