What is your people tolerance like?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like many others here, I find myself becoming more pissed off at silly things that the younger generation do and say.
When I was a kid we used to say "Right on!" and "Groovy!", and we meant it!
Now they are saying silly stuff like, "Fo-shizzle" and things like that!
Where will it all end?

AsI get older, I get more and more intolerant of idiot drivers. They just piss me off!

Use your damn turn signal, look over your shoulders, let people merge onto the interstate, don't drive below the speed limit in the fast lane, don't text or talk on your phone, and for crying out loud get off my ass! I am not going to drive any faster! First and for most, if you are not going to give your full attention go the road and driving, park your damn car!

I have noticed these things more and more over the last year...

As a new driver this bothers me a lot when I'm at a T intersection trying to go left and everyone coming from the left is turning right (before where I'm sitting) but no ones using a turn signal so I'm sitting there because if I decide "hell with it" and I go it'll be the one person ill hit who really was going straight

Also, when people drive 10 mph below the speed limit I want to go crazy. Like fine drive the speed limit but when you're driving up it THATS a problem.

I'm Not unfair, I hate everyone equally

Expressions come and go like the weather, and always will. Like fashions, and music styles.
What the kids say now is stupid to us, but will be 'old fogey' expressions to the next batch of young ones!

(Clashed with H!)

People! Oh don't start me. Walk so slowly with no situational awareness. Leave supermarket trolleys in the aisle with just a bit less clearance than you can pass with yours, play maximum volume music in cars with their windows open...... how long have we got?

I'm now old enough to be grumpy. I look forward to being old enough to get away with poking people with an umbrella.

Like many others here, I find myself becoming more pissed off at silly things that the younger generation do and say.
When I was a kid we used to say "Right on!" and "Groovy!", and we meant it!
Now they are saying silly stuff like, "Fo-shizzle" and things like that!
Where will it all end?

I am more pissed off at the fact they wear their pants around their ankles.

Yep, that is just plain stupid, especially considering it's origins.

I don't know if you read my post of the time, but ages ago I mentioned how that had been the stupid fashion for over a year here too. Then one day a young Hungarian popstar (who had also followed that trend) appeared on TV and said how much of an idiot he felt for it. Turned out it was the way in which gay guys in prison 'advertised' themselves... Within a month of that interview airing, hardly anyone was seen dressed like that, and within about 6 months gone altogether.

I look forward to being old enough to get away with poking people with an umbrella.

Umm...I have a cattle prod in mind John :)

I often curse '****ing people' that is addressed to la monde.

Last edited:
I am patient, but it doesn't stop me from getting annoyed at most people. As I get older, there appear to be more idiots in the world, or maybe I am just more aware of idiocy.

Chris, you're in Illinois now, the "we don't use turn signals" capital of the US. When I was growing up in Wisconsin, we called Illinois drivers FIBs for "F*ckin Illinois Bastards". Not that Wisconsin drivers were any better.

There was a few years ago I had my son at our local park to watch fireworks and a group of foul mouthed teenagers were behind me, dropping one F bomb after the other as I stood there with my son, who was about 7-8 at the time. Fortunately, I was a little gassy that night so I blew a big one, not trying to be sneaky at all. I heard a snippy "oh my god", but they moved on, and it was much more pleasant to be standing there. :)

Fortunately, I was a little gassy that night so I blew a big one, not trying to be sneaky at all. I heard a snippy "oh my god", but they moved on, and it was much more pleasant to be standing there. :)

Superb Evan. Brilliant answer to the little ****ers ****ing swearing all the ****ing time :)

You the MAN even, you the MAN. I kinda still remember when I could do that without filling my pants. I can't remember how long ago that was though.?

Jeff

I don't have a problem with colorful language, but not in front of young, impressionable children. I figured I could try to talk to them (I knew that wouldn't work), or I could attack their auditory and olfactory senses. Then I figured if they said I was rude, I could fire back at how rude they were being. And I have to say, it was the most beautiful cheek flapping frap. :toothy5:

Last edited:
I am more pissed off at the fact they wear their pants around their ankles.
While I was stuck in the Rome airport on my return trip last summer, I saw a group of Americans arriving through the gates.

How did I know they were Americans? Three of them were wearing Chicago Bulls jerseys with ball caps on sideways, large gold chains draped all over and thier britches dropped around thier knees. The airport security tried to stop them to have them pull up thier pants but the kids ignored them and walked by. Then the Caribanari stepped up, two of them and they had thier hands on thier pistols while one was motioning to pull up thier pants and saying something in Italian that I could easily figure out. The kids pulled up thier pants and thier over-weight mom, who was dressed in an eye burning purple "dress", was coming up from behind, read them the riot act in a very clear, inner-city fashion complete with head slapping.

I was so damn embarrassed...

Pssst...Dave, don't tell everyone :)

Last summer I was wandering about in Nice and stopped by a cash machine when this enormous character bellowed across the street 'HEY BOY...how many of them there Euros do you get to the dollar?

'Do you mean the Canadian dollar?' I relied... 'NO BOY THE AMERICAN DOLLAR' he shouts back.

'Oh... I have no idea' I replied...he squints at me mutters something under his breath and stomps off...

We had a holiday in Majorca a few years ago. The French, Spanish, East European German families that were there all behaved repectfully. Towards the end of the two weeks the British turned up...tatoo's ( nice on Granny), beer on the beach ****ing this, ****ing that at full volume, trouble in the bar on an evening.... We pretended to be French and were glad to leave.

Ashamed? you bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back