What is your people tolerance like?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

'And it's always ****ing raining!! '

Well, please and no... in the summer the rains warm though.
We are enjoying a proper summer here at the moment.
Long may it last :)

'Think of the interstate, giving the finger, tailgating, cutting in front, are all common, you're never going to see those people again.'

Ummm...that's ok till the person you fingered either stops or follows you.
There was a story about a lady who tooted at a beaten up transit pick up by the Gypsy site near Heathrow Airport. The pick up driver, a very large chap, got out and beat her car with a lenght of scaffold pole, got back in and drove off...
Moral? Finger and shout at your peril.

Love encountering Aholes on the road. A few years back, I was driving on a 4 lane highway. Speed limit 65mph. I come up on some dude driving 55mph in the passing lane. Flash my lights - nothing. Dope just out for a Sunday drive. Traffic backing up because of this nimrod. Took a few minutes for traffic to clear but finally was able to pass on his right. As I pass I see he is talking on the phone and looks at me. I give the finger with a disgusted look. Apparently he didn't like that and after I passed he made it a mission to pull up next to me and wave us to the side. I gave him the finger again. He gets all bent now and shows me a badge. I start laughing at him and show him MY badge. He starts staring at me and I mouth the words "F*** off!" and drive away. What a dope.

Road rage is a bad thing. It usually ends in tears before the journeys end...

You two got badges out, when does the firearm waving start?

Road rage is a bad thing. It usually ends in tears before the journeys end...

You two got badges out, when does the firearm waving start?

one of the old ( and funny ) comedians...gallagher...the sledge-o-matic guy had a great idea. everyone gets to have a gun in their car....a dart gun that is...the kind that shoots suction cup darts. attached to those darts is a big ole red flag with the word "@$$hole" on it in huge lettering. so, anytime when you are out driving and some jag-off cuts you off, drives slow in the passing lane or does any other of the numerous inconsiderate things...you simply take out your dart gun and shoot his car. at some time or another that guy will end up driving by a cop...who can stop the guy and give them a ticket for just for being an @$$hole.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gasAFyonmmI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gasAFyonmmI

Sounds reasonable Bobby.
The French drive like loons and ignore each other
On the M25 here its dog eat dog and the 'my cars bigger than yours' wins the day...
All very tiresome eh

When I drive I have a bit of a lead foot and go around 10mph over but on rare occasion someone will be up my @$$ and I make it my job to then go 10 under... You're not going to intimidate me by following closely so just chill with that stuff.

Just get outta their way. Because at some point you will either end up in a wreck or a victim of road rage. It's not a matter of whether you "can take out" the other guy. That is inconsequential when the other guy rear ends you, throws a bottle through your windshield, shoots you or your car, or just spins you off into the trees. If you get to blows with this other idiot and you pound him into the ground, then you likely will have to explain to a judge why you shouldn't be charged with assault. And that doesn't include the civil courts wherein you may have been legally found to be in the right, yet civilly punishable.

Always sounds masculine and chivalrous, but in reality can make your life miserable for a period of time. So... is it really worth it? Let some other hothead numbnuts pit the guy, yank him from his car, deservedly beat him within inches of his life, and go to jail for a good deed done. When you get older you will see the wisdom in that.

When I drive I have a bit of a lead foot and go around 10mph over but on rare occasion someone will be up my @$$ and I make it my job to then go 10 under... You're not going to intimidate me by following closely so just chill with that stuff.
Speeding is illegal...so is going slower than the posted limit. That is impeding the flow of traffic and is a citable offense.

Also, if a cop sees you intentionally slow down in front of traffic like that, that can be Reckless Endangerment no matter what the reason. It's simply not worth it...let the douchebag go on his way and save yourself the time money that it'll probably cost you if you invlove yourself with those a-holes.

Just get outta their way. Because at some point you will either end up in a wreck or a victim of road rage. It's not a matter of whether you "can take out" the other guy. That is inconsequential when the other guy rear ends you, throws a bottle through your windshield, shoots you or your car, or just spins you off into the trees. If you get to blows with this other idiot and you pound him into the ground, then you likely will have to explain to a judge why you shouldn't be charged with assault. And that doesn't include the civil courts wherein you may have been legally found to be in the right, yet civilly punishable.

Always sounds masculine and chivalrous, but in reality can make your life miserable for a period of time. So... is it really worth it? Let some other hothead numbnuts pit the guy, yank him from his car, deservedly beat him within inches of his life, and go to jail for a good deed done. When you get older you will see the wisdom in that.

Listen to this man Harrison, very good and sound advice.

Chris sounds like a MO driver on I-44. They get a rental contract on the passing lane when they register their car.
The hope of anonymity gives so many the courage to do/say/write all sorts of things they would never do face-to-face. There is however always the chance encounter with the wack-job-nut who will follow or force you off the road or pull a gun. A couple of .45s and by the time anyone figgures who/what/when/where he'll be 100mi away.
As Bobby observed A-holes have learned that, once again, 99% of the population is civilized and will avoid direct confrontations, so they learn to push first and hard and generally get their way until they meet their 100th who pushes back

Last edited:
Chris sounds like a MO driver on I-44. They get a rental contract on the passing lane when they register their car.
The hope of anonymity gives so many the courage to do/say/write all sorts of things they would never do face-to-face. There is however always the chance encounter with the wack-job-nut who will follow or force you off the road or pull a gun. A couple of .45s and by the time anyone figgures who/what/when/where he'll be 100mi away.
As Bobby observed A-holes have learned that, once again, 99% of the population is civilized and will avoid direct confrontations, so they learn to push first and hard and generally get their way until they meet their 100th who pushes back

It took me a few read throughs I have to say but, I think I get the drift :)

When you get older you will see the wisdom in that.

That is the key sentence here. When I was younger, I was all piss and vinegar on the road, "Get outta my way", "Move over!", etc. Now I'm "who cares, you wanna drive the road at 95mph, just let me get outta your way!" Don't sweat the small chit.

oh and laughing REALLY pisses people off! :)

just discovered this...what a gem of a thread.

This is what i aim for, not what i actually achieve.

I try to focus on the things i can control. The things I cant, I try to let float past me. The world challenges that lot.

Im probably the reverse of everyone here. as a younger man, I found any disrepecting, got an immediate and usually violent reaction from me. As I get older, Ive seen stupidity and disrespect so many times I kinda get bored with it most of the time now....

Yep... those glasses are hard to wear until you are older.

I'll admit a story that I am ashamed of. Utterly. It haunts me to this day.

When I was in my early 20's I was a gym rat. I was a super buff M'effer (could curl 80lbs with right arm). And I was STOOPID.

My buddy and I were driving to our local community college to take our evening engineering courses. Some dipweed runs right up on my azz and I didn't move. He had no way around and I pissed him off royally. Well when he got a chance to run around me, he did... cut in front of me and slammed on his brakes. To make a long embarrassing story short, I chased him on and off exits from the freeway bumping his rear bumper over and over at excessive speeds. I finally got in front of him and forced him to the side of the road. He exited his car in a "I give up, hands in the air" stance and I stoopidly grabbed a club weapon out of my car and fast walked towards him. If it wasn't for my buddy grabbing me and talking sense, I would likely have gone to jail for quite a long time. When I came to my senses, the whole other side of the free way (50+ yards across the grass median) had come to a complete halt.

I have never forgot that day and will never repeat it. And I will preach to others to not do what I did. I am ashamed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back