What is your people tolerance like?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for sharing that.

I think we all get wiser as we get older. I know I used to be a hot head. I am now a real cool cat, who would rather talk things over and avoid confrontation.

You can actually see that on this forum from as well...;)

I am now a real cool cat, who would rather talk things over and avoid confrontation.
You can actually see that on this forum from as well...;)
I dunno, your avatar seems a bit hardcore (much less so if one takes the time to read the full cycle, but who reads these days :rolleyes:).

I like Chris' avatar, always makes me laugh! :)
- The first time I glanced at it, I thought : "What an odd fellow."

- When I took the time to watch it cycle through the message, I thought: "This fellow has a good sense of humor."

- Once I realized that he was a moderator, I thought: "I had better be nice to this fellow since he's a moderator and can kick my sorry behind off this site!"

What a wonderful avatar, Mr. Moderator! Well done. Yessiree, very nice. :p

its never been too good as ive been in retail for 30 plus years so they've (the punters) drained all the lifeforce out of me, a bit worse lately though.!

Yep... those glasses are hard to wear until you are older.

I'll admit a story that I am ashamed of. Utterly. It haunts me to this day.

When I was in my early 20's I was a gym rat. I was a super buff M'effer (could curl 80lbs with right arm). And I was STOOPID.

My buddy and I were driving to our local community college to take our evening engineering courses. Some dipweed runs right up on my azz and I didn't move. He had no way around and I pissed him off royally. Well when he got a chance to run around me, he did... cut in front of me and slammed on his brakes. To make a long embarrassing story short, I chased him on and off exits from the freeway bumping his rear bumper over and over at excessive speeds. I finally got in front of him and forced him to the side of the road. He exited his car in a "I give up, hands in the air" stance and I stoopidly grabbed a club weapon out of my car and fast walked towards him. If it wasn't for my buddy grabbing me and talking sense, I would likely have gone to jail for quite a long time. When I came to my senses, the whole other side of the free way (50+ yards across the grass median) had come to a complete halt.

I have never forgot that day and will never repeat it. And I will preach to others to not do what I did. I am ashamed. :(

Matt mate...we all have done bad things. Some got away with it and some didn't... I think that we could share a 'how stupid have I been thread'...

And Chris, you are right.

I wouldn't say I'm a hot head but I would be confrontational more times than not. I'm sort of a Hypocrite in the sense I try to play peacemaker between two people but then if it's
Me I'm more confrontational.

I've Never been written up/ given detention in school but I have been sent out for going back at a teacher who wrongly accused me of something

Nothing gets me angrier than being accused of something.i did not do

Last edited:
Matt mate...we all have done bad things. Some got away with it and some didn't... I think that we could share a 'how stupid have I been thread'...

Oh man, I could fill a thread like that... so many things I wish I'd done, done differently, or not done at all...

That's why they pay us for doing our job. If it was so damn fun, we would do it for free.

Before I worked for myself and lot of what I did was out of hours and unpaid. I'm not saying its a bad thing but, I resented the expectation if you understand me.

Yeah. Tends to happen when you are salary too. Many a manager ends up making less than their subordinates if you add up the actual hourly rate.

Yeah, I have a guy that works for me that wants to travel to Europe for a meeting. Location is 2.5hrs from the airport and requires a rental car. Expensive trip for a topic that could easily be handled via virtual meeting and telecon bridge. He can't justify the trip in my eyes and complains that he would have to get up early to support it. Well yeah. He is completely oblivious to the fact that I and others do it all the time. Yeah it's a pain the azz to get up at 0030-0130 local time, but if you aren't willing to do so once a year than you have just convinced me that the purpose is a low priority. I love people who think nothing of it to travel on other's money.

Travel for free, free hotel, hire car, free down time in Europe and paid time to go there and come home.... great work if you can find it.

You could get the Europeans out of bed early you know.

Franklin, in Macon county. But not at the present address for much longer.
Fought the impulse to go to prison today, but then figured that I could make his life hell in other, non-traceable ways. If anyone has good ideas, please let me know, I am interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back