What kind of pets do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

12 Wolfhounds, three of which are rescues and five are puppies around two years old. Three of the wolfies are near the end of their time on this plane and will wait for us later.

The dying part is painful but way overbalanced by their lives and spirit

8 koi in the pond.

Lets see about 80 african ciclids and 1 dog mixed

Attachments

• wilbur.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 208
  • fishy.jpg
    fishy.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 193
Three dogs, all lurchers. Two are BedlingtonXGreyhound, both bitches and an elderly Aussie Cattle DogXGreyhound dog. They all kill rabbits by the dozen. That's one of the reasons I keep them, so no, I don't feel guilty.
My pic is of my first lurcher, Boy, when he was about nine months old. His epitaph, 'Numero Uno' Never broke, never even bent.
To me lurchers are more than pets, they are working dogs, are more than a hobby, they are a passion.............

Right now I have:

1 Ball Python named Pandora
1 Cat named Kruemmi
3 Mud Skippers in an aquarium.
1 Aquarium full of fish.

Soon to have about 20 more snakes, 2 huskies and some sting rays.

Here are some pics of my snake and my cat.

pandorasnewhome4.jpg

pandora2.jpg

pandorafeeding3.jpg

kr2.jpg

kr.jpg

DCP_0624.jpg

DerAdler I couldn't sleep at night with them in my house , I have a phobia of snakes

How are the snakes?ie friendly?I can't imagine they would be but are they dangerous?

Two dogs: Sally, a dalmation; Dixie, a beagle/mutt
two cats: Sammy and Princess
goats, of which: six are does; two are bucks; four are doelings; one is a wether; and six are wethered meat bucklings
numerous chickens and rabbits.
There is also alot of wildlife in the back and front yards as we are surrounded on all sides by trees.

DerAdler I couldn't sleep at night with them in my house , I have a phobia of snakes

How are the snakes?ie friendly?I can't imagine they would be but are they dangerous?

I only have one at the moment, but no she is not dangerous. She is actually very friendly. I take her out atleast once a day, so that she stays used to me. Sometimes she can be a bitch, but that is because she is a wild caught python.

She is not very big though, only about 4.5 to 5 ft right now. She will be no bigger than 5.5 to 6.5 ft when full grown.

I used to have 2 other snakes; a Columbian Red Tailed Boa Constictor and a Burmese Python, but do to military requirements I had to leave them in the United States. As soon as me and my wife have our house built, I plan on getting about 20 different kinds.

Marcel,Garter snakes?any photos
:lol: sounds a whole lot bigger than they are. They are up 'till 90 cm long and as thick as your thumb. I think many of our American friends have them in the garden and they are absolutely harmless. Actually we used to have a lot of them, about 15 or so. Now we only have 1 left, the old sock turned 13 years old, which is quite old. We stop after this one and will put fish in the tank. I don't have digital photo's, so maybe I should make one later.

Adler is your python as stupid as garter snakes? I believe our snakes have a memory of about 5 sec :)

I have a squirrel that I call "Hungry Ned" that visits my yard quite often. I
have a saucer on a table that I put pistachio nuts that I can't open in, or
Ritz crackers with peanut butter on it, or Brazil nuts or peanuts in the shell
that I break in half first. He will let me get about two feet away from him
but I can't hand feed him...... I've tried.

Charles

Had two parrots, a hamster, a cat ( I loved it the most ) and now I have a Jack Russel Terrier. He is just great and crazy.

wow, great pets! I like the snake, even though I'm not a big fan of snakes, or at least the ones hiding under a rock waiting to bite you.

Adler is your python as stupid as garter snakes? I believe our snakes have a memory of about 5 sec

That qoute cracked me up! Don't put a garter snake to close to your nose, they may bite it, lol.

I've always thought having a small dog like Toby would be fun, but never had one yet.

We have one dog, and a cat.

The cat is almost 10, but she's still pretty plucky.

We used to have some fish, but they all died eventually. We had a hard time keeping them all healthy and free from disease.

Our dog is still pretty young, not yet 6 years old. Here he is, he's called Paego. Don't ask me what it means, I don't know, :) his first owner called him that. He's a Labrador, but lots of people have wondered if he has any hound in him, but as far as I know I don't think so.

Attachments

• sirpaego.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 256
Well, I have a twenty-year old cat, sadly I very much doubt she'll get to twenty-one! Because of her kidney problems - one blood test reading was off the scale, it may be a matter of 'weeks'. Although a previous vet in January said that, and its now September! Apart from the CRF (chronic renal failure), she also has dementia which means at times she howls!
I also, have fish; a 36" tropical tank, and outside a fish-pond with a large koi (left by the previous house-owners) and 6 medium goldfish, 1 young goldfish - from last years hatching, and 12+ from this years hatching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back