What kind of pets do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just had to put down my 14 year old golden last Monday. God it just sucks seeing them take their last breath. I still have my 3.5 year old German Sheppard...

wow, great pets! I like the snake, even though I'm not a big fan of snakes, or at least the ones hiding under a rock waiting to bite you.

They are really not that bad. I know with my python if she were to bite, it would be painful. She has several rows of teath and a lot of muscle behind her. I have heard that if she bites it is like getting hit with a baseball bat. If that is true, I do not know. She has never bitten anyone, except the Vetinarian and that was his fault. She was real small and a baby at the time and therefore it did not hurt really at all, did not even break the skin.

No pets of my own, but I do get to take care of my Sisters two Dachshunds every once and a while. And if you think those Weinerdogs are just docile little dog don't be fooled, they are hunters to be sure. Oldest one has killed numerous small critters, including thier pet bird that just happened to fly by the bed as she was sitting on it, nabbed it right our of the air on a flying leap from the bed.
They are fun to watch play-fighting with each other as well.

That qoute cracked me up! Don't put a garter snake to close to your nose, they may bite it, lol.

But only if you have used your nose to dig in the garden :) I once had worked in the garden and then had to feed the snakes. As my hands smelled of fresh earth, they thought I was a worm, so they bite me :lol:. Luckily their teeth are too small to penetrate the skin. One got me between my thumb and index finger and he kept on holding on. I could walk with this snake hanging from my hand :)

I just had to put down my 14 year old golden last Monday. God it just sucks seeing them take their last breath. I still have my 3.5 year old German Sheppard...

It sucks but thank god you were there for your Golden. We put a wolfie down about every year - and feed them a cheeseburger or a hershey bar as the vet is putting them down.

We hold everyone in our arms while they pass on over the bridge.

I have nothing but contempt for those that 'drop em off' on the way to the movies and let a creature that gives their all for you - pass lonely and afraid.

I have nothing but contempt for those that 'drop em off' on the way to the movies and let a creature that gives their all for you - pass lonely and afraid.

I couldn't agree more! A few years back I picked up a bunch of kittens which had been dropped off on the side of a highway. How people can just drop them off and leave them there I have no clue.

Struck a chord that did, I've had lot of dogs over the years, 21 at the last count. Time being what it is, circumstances being what they become, I've said goodbye to too many in the vets. If possible I give them a week to say goodbye, they have the time of their lives, I die every day. What they don't do is die lonely or afraid.
Damn, I never thought I'd be saying this on an aviation forum............

Originally posted by runningdog
What they don't do is die lonely or afraid

That's nice

wish I could say the same about my rabbits sometimes I've been there just to late to stop it.

Really hard to watch they go absolutely nuts in panic, poor things

Has anyone heard this before?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

– Author Unknown

Quite beautiful.... reminds me of a dog we had a few years ago.... died of cancer....:cry:

I have a Rottweiler named Lexi. She is 2 years old.

Attachments

• l_348a82b14cc4b0065ac7790f798d0f8c.jpg
    l_348a82b14cc4b0065ac7790f798d0f8c.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 153
Has anyone heard this before?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

– Author Unknown

Quite beautiful.... reminds me of a dog we had a few years ago.... died of cancer....:cry:

I have four of those with 4 hounds on each one. I'm getting steeled to having number five made in the next several months - two of old age, one with terminal cancer and one that passed this spring.

I have the email address of a lady that does these for me on a walnut plaque with a Wolfhound head, the names of my hounds around the head and the poem. If you want the email address let me know.

I ask each of them to wait for us as we put them down.

I love the idea that is Heaven in the movie "What Dreams May Come" Robin Williams stars in it. GREAT story actually if you'd like to give it a look. BEAUTIFUL cinematography. IMO.

In a nutshell, your pets and other love ones, when they pass go to their own Heavens, that are made up of all the beautiful in their minds. When you pass, you can also bring them to yours..they are waiting there, for you.

Emon, that is framed in our waiting room at the shelter.

I can't comment on how someone can leave a pet. I just might get banned. The stories I could tell about what comes through the shelter that people just "drop" off!

Just yesterday....

A 9 year old Ball python.

and 15 Chinese crested hamsters.

Don't know what I'll do when I retire.

Struck a chord that did, I've had lot of dogs over the years, 21 at the last count. Time being what it is, circumstances being what they become, I've said goodbye to too many in the vets. If possible I give them a week to say goodbye, they have the time of their lives, I die every day. What they don't do is die lonely or afraid.
Damn, I never thought I'd be saying this on an aviation forum............

That about sums it up.. anyone for a 'sensitivity session' - ???

seriously you and I do it the same way. On her last day before the pain became to great to even stand, we took her for a ride to town, fed her a couple of cheeseburgers, drove around the ranch so she could say goodbye to the coyotes, then rounded out the day sitting under an apple tree feeding her apples until the vet came.

Brought her pups out afterwards so they could have closure. We'll get her ashes back this week. I'm waching two of her daughters tunneling somewhere by the pasture fence - it's an awesome hole when you can barely see the butt of a 2 yr old wolfhound

I'm waching two of her daughters tunneling somewhere by the pasture fence - it's an awesome hole when you can barely see the butt of a 2 yr old wolfhound

Jeez!!!! When they're done can you get me a deal on some Chinese wine? :)

Hi Guys.
I have two cats, they are the largest domestic cats you can get, and are known as Maine Coons, the larger of the two measures from tip of his nose to the tip of his tail (When laid down) 4 foot, or 48" or 121.82 centimeters. they have hairs growing out of the top of their ears like the Lynx, and they are refered to as Lynx Tips, they are not like a normal moggy, they will only drink bottled water because they do not like the smell of flouride in tap water, and they will not eat steak, prawns, fish, cream, or milk, they have to have Maine Coon balls, I would love to hear from other coon owners.

I'm not much for cats, but Maine Coon Cats are neat looking animals. Do they stalk you around the house?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back