What made me sad today...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found out this afternoon that my 2m ham commuting buddy passed away on the 9th. Bob and I talked on one of the local repeaters every Monday thru Thursday night, as he was headed home from his job and I was headed into mine. It was fun 30-40 minutes for us and we were always welcoming someone into the fray as we burned up the miles. A couple of months ago, a rather vicious cancer reinfestation forced him into retirement. I never got to meet him in person due to schedules, but I did talk with his soon to be teenage daughter a few mornings that he popped on the repeater while taking her to school. I know that his wife, Natalyia and daughter Anna are devastated over this.

My MiL has reached the point which she can no longer stay in her own home. Declining memory and mobility rule out her being without 24/7 supervision. For several years different family members have stayed with her, so she at least had daily help, but that is no longer possible.
My wife has taken over her affairs and we are looking for a home suitable for her needs. MiL is not taking this news very well.

Unfortunately Greg it is often a cruel reality, I had to go through the same process with my Mother and it is never an easy decision.

We were lucky and found a home for her where the care giver and there family lived in the home with the 6-8 residents. They treated her like part of the Family and she got to spend time daily with there children.

I hope you can find a suitable place for her close to home. I am not looking forward to repeating the process with my MIL or FIL

Unfortunately Greg it is often a cruel reality, I had to go through the same process with my Mother and it is never an easy decision.

We were lucky and found a home for her where the care giver and there family lived in the home with the 6-8 residents. They treated her like part of the Family and she got to spend time daily with there children.

I hope you can find a suitable place for her close to home. I am not looking forward to repeating the process with my MIL or FIL
We are looking at a place close to home. It's about a mile away and has a small population. There was a lot of family drama over this. I'm hoping it won't cause a permanent rift.

My neighbour across the road, a glider instructor and all-round good chap, was admitted to a facility the other night, having succumbed to "the embuggerance", as Terry Pratchett called it- Alzheimers. He is now no longer recognisable as the man he was, and no longer recognises even those nearest and dearest.

Probably going to have to similar for FiL soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back