What the heck... third giant snow storm

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Ok...

This is not your typical New Jersey winter. A typical New Jersey winter would give us 2 MAYBE 3 snow days off due 'inclement weather.' well guessss what this is our 7th day off of school. This is the third GIANT snow storm.

One was in early December which we got about 8-10 inches

Next one was in early February and we got 18 inches with a 15 mph wind

Now one is Today/Tomorrow. We have gotten 24 inches with a 50 mph wind and it won't let up until late tomorrow night. School cancelled for Thursday and Friday

How much snow have you gotten?

Pictures tomorrow hopefully.

I'm done with snow!

TO

Attachments

• DSCN4259.JPG
    DSCN4259.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN4260.JPG
    DSCN4260.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 244
Thanks Dan and Steve, they did the totals for the whole winter in my area and normally we get about 18 inches A YEAR and guess what we have had? 47.1 :lol:

Getting to the point where the snow doesn't raise much of a reaction anymore. Anything less than 8 inches is a nuisance and not worth worrying about. Drink beer, chill out and just wait for spring. Probably something they are used to doing in Vermont.

On the down side, we've run out of firewood. Kinda sucks.

We usually get tons of the stuff every year and this year seems to have missed us. nice to see other people get the stuff for a change!!

We have just have the most snow of any of the ski resorts in the world. Some parts have had upwards of 3 feet with most having around 2 or 2 1/2 feet falling in the last 2 days and it is still falling. Only got about a foot here at home before it turned to rain and washed most of it away. This just not normal for around here, we never get this much snow in a season.

We have had a record snow fall too in Iowa. I think 50-60 inches is average all winter, a week or two back we were at I think 48-49", and had a few inched since then!

We were forecasted last weekend to get another 8-10 inches over the weekend, and then it was revised to 4-6 on sunday, and then changed to a few inches on Monday. We did not end up receiving anything in central Iowa, but southern Iowa got hammered again.

*****'s

next thing you know everyone on the east coast will bitch it is a drought like it is here on the west coast Mtn. range.

if you guys ever live in the heavy snowed mountains like our Cascades in your life time you will full on know what it is like to have snowfalls of some 3-5 feet in one eve and wake up thinking how the heck am I going to move this slop.........

Count yourself lucky Harrison. Just a few miles south of where you live, we have had over 80 inches for the season - the most ever since records started being kept and a new record. All those other storms took a southerly track through NJ and while you got 8-10 inches in December we had 28 inches!! Add the others from a few weeks ago ( which just started to melt on Thursday but can't tell now!!!) and we are now called the New Jersey Commonwealth of Alaska!

I agree with Erich, the houses in the mountains around here that were built from the early 1800's until the early 1900's always had a door on the second storey as a means to get in and out of the house during the winter. It hasn't been that bad in the past half century, but there are still times when it really comes down.

So far the Sierra snowpack is 125% of the annual snowfall, and we're not done with winter yet...and we've even had snow in the foothills here on the edge of town (well below 3,000 feet) that's been there since Thanksgiving.

On the down side, we've run out of firewood. Kinda sucks.
There's always the neighbor's fence :evil4:

Harrison, you are a victum of global warming. :lol: I even snowed down in Houston for about 7 hours. I thought I was back in Germany, huge flakes of snow. To bad it all melted by 5:00 PM. :lol:

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back