What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Homemade chicken enchiladas. Cook up some thighs/legs with onion, garlic and chile powder. Shred it up. Blacken some poblano pepper on the BBQ, remove blackened skin and thinly slice. Shred some cheddar cheese. Add both to chicken. Roll in corn tortillas, place in baking dish and top with tomatillo sauce and more shredded cheese. Mexican rice and beans. And mas cervesa!

Usually make two dishes of enchiladas and freeze the second one. Keeps good in the freezer for a couple of months. Makes a great midweek meal with little effort.

You know what would make this thread even better, PICTURES!!! But I already drool all over my keyboard without pictures, so maybe that's not a good idea after all.

Pictures? Sure, I can hook ya' up! How about a Teriyake beef dinner I had a couple weekends back, when I was over on the coast?

Tomo's Japanese resteraunt at the Hotel Arcata has perhaps the best Teriyake beef I have ever had. Period.

That sounds really good!

As for me tonight. Too damn hot to cook. 6 in the afternoon and still 90 degrees and a humidity of 85%...

Still I will go out and light the grill. I will just be doing chicken drum sticks. Serving it with sweet peas from the garden.

Because of the heat though, I have no desire to actually cook or grill. I will just light the grill, go inside. Come out when the coals are ready and throw the chicken on. As soon as they are done, I will run back inside.

Nothing over enterprising here over the past few days, Chicken Amatriciana and Sauté Potatoes, Thursday. Gold fish, chips and peas Friday. Whatever you could find in the fridge last night and tonight a dish called Kai-t-min.

This is a good winter warming dish made up from beef mince, chicken noodle soup, chopped onion, garlic, cabbage, carrot and whatever other chopped vegetables you want to use. In a large pan, fry the onion and garlic until sort, add the mince and brown, chuck in all the other ingredients, along with some curry powder, soy sauce and chilli all to your taste, add seasoning and some water, bring to the boil and then simmer for a while. It's almost like a wholesome soup and with nice fresh baked bread. Yum.

My self critic to my ribs I smoked today...

My self critic to my ribs I smoked today...

You just like tormenting me don't you. Going to have to fire up the smoker this weekend and smoke me some Spareribs with home made BBQ Sauce!
So, this coming Saturday, barring any catastrophies I'll be dining on BBQ Pork Ribs, some Bread Butter Pickles from the Farmers Market, some home made Jalepeno cornbread, a little coleslaw, maybe some smoked beans? Is it Saturday yet!

Well Dad died. So last nights dinner was put on hold. Tonight we eat BBQ beef short ribs, dry rubbed and then coated with sauce at the end. Baked potato, butter, sourcream and sliced green onions. Steamed fresh corn on the cob rubbed with butter, salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Gonna miss you, dad.

Users who are viewing this thread