What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's probably got a different name in the 'States. 'Plasticine' is a brand name in the UK. The stuff comes in packs of different brightly coloured strips, about six inches long by one inch wide, and corrugated in appearance. It's a soft, putty-like synthetic clay designed for children to play with, for making all sorts of shapes, animals etc. Most toy shops or Early Learning centres should stock it.
It can also be useful for holding things still whilst painting them, making moulds and so on.

on the workbench I have

All 1/72

Academy B29 Superfortress Enola Gay

Airfix Sherman Calliople

Revell Avro Lancaster

Revell Fokker D.VII

Last edited:
You could use that Rob, but it might be messy and might not stay where it should until almost set. Give it a try though, but if you can get a stock of Plasticine/Plastilina for any future weight needs, it'll make things a lot easier. Here's a pic of some stuffed into place on my Boston, holding in place a lot of lead - bear in mind this is 1/48th scale.

Attachments

• Bombers Build 088.jpg
    Bombers Build 088.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 81
Or some playdo........milliput...... clay

Yep, they'll all work, although natural clay can have a detrimental effect on plastic, depending what's in it, and can turn to dust when dry. Milliput, that marvellous stuff, certainly doesa the job, but a relatively expensive way of doing it, and Playdo is fine, but a little more expensive than Plasticine.

playdough??? Oo I've got a niece and whenever she comes over, we play with playdough. I'll hafta sneak some >.> just a tiny ball, but that's it. I doubt anyone will notice.

that'll come in real handy with the Constellation!

btw, I just ran out of primer on the second coat! >_<

Three clipped-wing Spits (L-R XIV, IX and XVI) at various stages... I had another couple on the go but I've put them back in the stash in semi-complete state - ya can take on too much... :rolleyes:

IMG_0098.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back