What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lol not exactly. the Cessna Skyhawk is my fave aircraft, and I wanna take my time. I've put all the windows in, with the exception of the back ones and the windshield, masked them, I've assembled the wings, installed the engine, (I wish it was more detailed such as hoses and extra gizmos and such. but minicraft only goes so far.) I've put the nose on and the nose gear, and to top it off, I've puttied the seams. once I spray it, I'm prolly gonna have a couple small drops of paint on the windows. I certainly hope not. if I do, I'll prolly just scrape 'em off. I'm gonna be using the cotton balls to mask the engine compartment and the interior cos I think it'd be too much of a hassle to mask the windshield.

ok, progress has been made. I've sprayed her with gray primer. I've been stretching clear sprue to make it into a wire. some of it I'm gonna use to put on the elevatore, ailerons, and rudder for extra detail. some of you have seen those wires on the trailing edges of the control surfaces. does anyone know what their names are and what purpose those serve? I've always wondered.

HPIM1420.jpg

HPIM1419.jpg

HPIM1418.jpg

HPIM1417.jpg

screenshot taken from FS2004:
these are what I'm talkin about
wires.png

thanks, Lucky! I'll prolly work on it some more, today. I don't see anything out of place on the skyhawk, so I think ima go ahead and airbrush it.

I can't wait to get started on my connies! (constellation and Concorde)

Yep, those are the ones I thought you meant. As VB said, they are static dischargers, wire 'wicks' to discharge any build-up of static electricity in the airframe and control surfaces If you're learning to fly, you'll learn all about these, and the potential problems of static, when you cover 'Airframes and Engines' in Ground School.

Collectively, Spits HF VII (RAF), VIII (RAAF) and LF IX (Czech) - all of which are basically the same kit - a Heller XVI and the Fujimi XIV I've been dicking about with forever.

workbench-1.jpg

The Spitfire factory has been relegated to the same place as the stash... the loft! I'm spending a lot of time up there with alcohol, solvents and sharp implements. Good times! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back