What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok, I went out and sprayed for the first time which didn't turn out very well. it wasn't coming out as it should have been, and so I come back inside to re-mix the paint, and for some STUPID reason decide to hold it by the main gear for extra stability.....one of the main gear snapped off. it didn't break, it just came out. so I stupidly resprayed BEFORE attaching the main gear back, and now I got fingerprint marks all over the leading edge of the wings, and I'm trying to attach the main gear back. I'm kinda pissed now, cos I can't fix anything until it al dries and cures, and then I have to sand it, which will be a total BITCh since it's gloss white.

well, I got it balanced and the main gear attached. so all'd I gotta do is wait for it to dry and try tomorrow

You'll have to watch out for a dust problem working in the loft CK., but at least you've got your own space. BTW, that's a fantastic model of a can of Stella!!

I've got the dust problem licked I think - the kits live in airtight "tupperware" boxes when not on the "bench" (such as it is)

I worked very hard on the Stella, am thinking of pairing it with a Grolsch bottle in a diorama... :lol:

she's almost finished!
HPIM1432.jpg

HPIM1431.jpg

HPIM1430.jpg

halrighty! I just started on the Concorde. I glued the weights to the fuselage, installed the windows and joined the fuselage halves together

Just started my 1/32 F6 lightening lookes awesome i will let you know how the build goes .BB

finished applying putty to appropriate areas. had some trouble keeping the weights in place so I put in extra glue which wasn't easy :p one part of the fuselage was a lil warped cos of the glue, I've applied putty to that and it should be fine.

Robert, a tip for the future. Use Plasticine, or a similar 'plastic' modelling clay, to hold the weights in place. Just press it into place, add the lead or whatever, then press more clay in place to hold it.

hmm, I'd have to look that up, I've never heard of that before o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back