What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks! I've still got to sand the lrft engine a bit and apply one more coat of matte white. then once all that's done, I'll peel the tape off, do a few touch ups, and then spray it all with glosscote and then decal away.

ok guys, i've kinda got a problem here. the decal sheet I have of Alaska Airlines, it's one big decal! O_O I just tested one of the decals I won't be needing, I dipped it in the water, and pulled it out, it was in the exact shape I cut it in.

help? o.o;;;

What a bummer Rob. You need a sharp knife blade or some fine scissors and you will have to cut out each decal as needed, not right on the line but about 2mm from the decal all around. Some people like to cut right on the edge of the decal so that no decal surplus can be seen on the model. Take the cutting easy, be patience and make sure you have good light. Your models looking good Rob, the livery will make it great.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

What a bummer Rob. You need a sharp knife blade or some fine scissors and you will have to cut out each decal as needed, not right on the line but about 2mm from the decal all around. Some people like to cut right on the edge of the decal so that no decal surplus can be seen on the model. Take the cutting easy, be patience and make sure you have good light. Your models looking good Rob, the livery will make it great.

thanks, Vic. I'll be very very careful I'll take the longest decals and cut 'em in half to make it easier to apply them.

the sheet is from draw decal, and it says it's 100% pure digital silk.

carefully peeled the tape off. got some touch-ups to do before I apply decals. for the touch-ups, I'll start with the wings, which is needed most. since the dorsal part of the left wing kinda cracked at the joint between the fuselage and the wing, a little glue and paint could fix that right up. then once I'm done tidying up, i'll start with the clear gloss.

for the decals, I'll start with the cockpit windows very carefully, then next I'll do the eskimo man on the tail. then carefully do each part very very carefully. truthfully, I'm kinda scared this might turn out to be a disaster.....

EDIT: forgot the pics

HPIM1401.jpg

HPIM1400.jpg

HPIM1399.jpg

HPIM1398.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, Vic. I'll be very very careful I'll take the longest decals and cut 'em in half to make it easier to apply them.

the sheet is from draw decal, and it says it's 100% pure digital silk.

No probs Rob, I also cut the big'uns in half, makes life much easier. Kit's coming along fine as well, looking forward to the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back