What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In my opinion it would be better to copy a similar stitch using rasin and plasteline or silicon rubber for a mould. Then some sanding and voila.

Dzieki my friend! I still have to learn how to do that...

..As for Wildcats, as good as Alex's looks, I'm not a fan of the type either to be honest. Looks like a beer barrel with wings attached!

I don't actually hate the Wil.....that thing....just think it looks wrong! It was a good aircraft for the time, doing a great job in difficult conditions, when already bordering on obsolescence, both in US and FAA service (don't know of any in RAF service). But the 'fun' started way back, with Jan and the PTO build, when I started taking the p*** about the stupid shape, waddly looking, golf trolley landing gear etc. A beer barrel with wings is a compliment - more like an effluent barrel with planks!

I just started working on the Hobby Boss 1/48 Sherman M4A1. Right off the bat, the mold lines on the bogies (and probably everything else) are offset quite a bit, requiring some (a lot, actually) shaving and sanding. That pretty much took up the minutes upon minutes (about 30) I had set aside for model work tonite. Tomorrow I'll try to post some pics.

Gee, this thing is tiny, not much bigger than 1/72 stuff. But the 1/35 armor is so expensive............

tom

I've got a few going right now! I can't paint anything until probably March though, so I can only get so far on a model then I have to stop.

Right now I'm working on a F-101B Voodoo that I'm converting to a CF-101 and will be getting decals for it. I've hit that painting stage for the Sabre, which will be a Golden Hawks bird. I'm hunting for a F-104G that I'll make a CF-104, and I'll probably do a CF-18 to finish the series. Haven't decided if I'll do the CF-5 yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread